Day 1 - Pune - Aurangabad - ChalisGaon - Dhule - Dhamnod - Maheshwar - Omkareshwar
It always starts with a spark in mind,it always ends with peace and tranquility in your heart.Satisfied with the love you shared with your steed,peoples you met on the way,experiences you felt,mistakes you did and how you corrected them.While i go and share my this part of journey,i would like to iterate that this ride was supposed to go all the way till himalayas.But got cut-off in between by some antisocial elements which we usually know by the name of 'Project Manager'.
I started early morning from Pune and reaching Aurangabad was an easy affair.Thanks to the four lane connecting Aurangabad via Ahmednagar.Had been to the Chalisgaon route recently while returning from Delhi on my dear dhanno and was aware of its decent condition.From Dhule to Dhamnod it was a pleasure riding on NH3 as we all know,it is in very good shape.Stopped in between for Lunch and feasted myself with my favorite stuff 
Good Morning near Ahmednagar


One of the exit gate of Daulatabad Fort


View from the ghat section before Chalisgaon


Favorite stuff i was talking about 


I was bit skeptical about the road ahead from Dhamnod to Maheshwar and Omkareshwar.As MP holds a good reputation when it comes to bad road :P 
But i was wrong,I found butter smooth road all the way till my day ended at Omkareshwar.Only thing sucked to the core was the driving/riding sense of the people.They ride/drive like they are the only one occupying the road
But i was wrong,I found butter smooth road all the way till my day ended at Omkareshwar.Only thing sucked to the core was the driving/riding sense of the people.They ride/drive like they are the only one occupying the road
I reached Maheshwar and stopped for break at the ghats of Narmada.



This town was once a glorious city at the dawn of Indian civilization when it was Mahishmati, capital of king Kartivarjun.All thanks to Holkar queen Rani Ahilyabai of Indore who revived to its ancient position of importance.Beauty of the Maheshwar's temples and mighty fort-complex can be admired from a boat ride when they are mirrored in the river below.
For the ladies in the house,the Maheshwari sarees you wear is originated from here 

It was getting late and i wanted to catch Sunset at Omkareshwar.It was another 70 Kms from here.I moved towards Omkareshwar without wasting any time.I missed the Mortakka exit to Omkareshwar which is the straight route to Omkareshwar.Reached Sanwad and took the diversion for Omkareshwar from there.Road was pretty bad from here.I reached Omkareshwar before evening but coudn't find a good spot for capturing Sunset
So i started searching for the hotel.Omkareshwar was quite a small town and had plenty of places to stay from 50 Rs in Dharamshala's to 3000 Rs in luxury hotels.MP Tourism hotel is at the best location in entire town,situated on the top of the hill giving a complete view of Omkareshwar town.

I settled in a hotel nearby - 'Hotel Geeta' for 300 bucks per night.Very nice and clean hotel with all the facility 


Cheers
Biru
Biru
No comments:
Post a Comment