Route :- Pune -> Managaon -> Murud -> Janjira -> Dighi -> Diveagar -> Shrivardhan -> Harihareshwar -> Khed -> Chiplun


















KMs Munched :- 372
Expenses :-
Fuel - 850 INR
Brunch - 42 INR
Dighi Ferry - 65 INR
Harihareshwar Ferry - 25 INR
Tea Break - 17 INR
Motel - 900 INR
Dinner - 170 INR
Route Map
Excitement is like a forest fire, you can smell it, taste it, and see it from a mile away. And I was excited and enthusiastic about my own dream and these dreams didn't let me sleep well. I hardly slept for 2-3 hours in the night. Early morning I had to rush to office as the Prologue I had written with hours of effort was on my Office PC.Rushed to office in the morning at 06:30 AM to get things in place. It took around one hour to finalize and post the Prologue along with the pictures, this one hour includes the travelling time to-fro office as well.
Returned from office at around 07:40 AM and the first thing I did was kicked Ankit’s (Xbhp id - Roadzilla) butt to wake him up so that he can accompany me at the Flag Off ceremony. After some continuous and desperate attempts the mighty woke up. Without wasting much time we packed the remaining stuff and started for the Wrangler Exclusive Showroom, Aundh.
We made it to the Wrangler Showroom around 09:20 AM. There we saw the world famous personality G2G baba (Xbhp id - Rohitlc), hanging around with his Canon 450D.
In few mins photo shoot started ,I have been provided a set of jeans from the stock of the Wrangler True Wanderer collection along with the newly arrived On Road Wrangler T-Shirts. Fitting was perfect and comfort level of these pairs were mind blowing. One after another, changed at least 10-15 pairs of them for the photo shoot. If I recall it precisely, I did not even change that much numbers of pairs in a week’s time, which I changed in last 1 hour :P.So,with every new pairs of Wrangler Merchandise,i just kept on posing for the lens’s of the shutterbugs .I was very much enjoying the short lived feeling of being a Super Model :P :D.Meanwhile Rishabh and Surojit also arrived. It was good to see some more good-old buddies. The shootout lasted for an hour and finally the time came for the flag off...All the events happened according to the plans, except the interview thing by the Radio City RJ.For all these 07 days of wandering,Wrnagler provided me One Jeans and three T shirts. Three T-shirts is ok,but only one Denim jeans for 07 days :-|. Actually they want to showcase the concept behing the True Wanderer Collection of Denims that how nicely it wears out and acquires a different rugged look after the ride.
Flag Off happened at 11:30 and the Real Journey began.
I picked the shortest route to reach Murud, which is Pune - Paud - Managaon - Murud.
Calm Water of Mulshi Lake surrounded by the mystic sahyadri ranges.The sight was very enticing.
While I was clicking some shots at Mulshi Lake,i got a call from RJ Deb from Radio City, where he asked me few set of questions.
Continued my quest towards Murud munching miles on those lonely but beautiful state highways.
Finally I made it to Murud around 03:00 PM.
Beautiful shore of Murud Village
Next was Janjira where I loaded my bike to get onto the other side at Dighi. This is a shortcut to reach Diveagar from Murud, where it saves around 85 Kms of road rash.
Janjira Fort
Ferry Timings
Murud to Dighi
7.00
9.00
10.30
12.30
14.30
16.15
17.15
Divegar is just 16 Kms from Dighi. Went straight to the beach, rode there for few mins, sat for a while, enjoyed the Calmness and adored the endless immensity of the Sea
The road leading to Shrivardhan from Divegar is very scenic and has Spectacular views.
Met some fellow Wanderer's :D
Just when I reached Shrivardhan it started drizzling and in matter of seconds, that drizzle transformed into never ending Heavy Downpour.
Shrivardhan Beach
It made the riding more difficult as the visibility got reduced, I was unable to see anything. Now from shrivardhan I had two options either I can take ferry from Hariharshwar( Saves almost 70-80 kms of road rash) or take the Highway. Since the conditions were not in favor of riding I chose to take the Ferry. Next destination was Khed, which was 60 Kms from the place where Harihareshwar Ferry left me.
It was already dark and rain was in its full swing for past few hours. In between went into wrong direction and ended up doing 40 Kms extra munching. Did a not stop stretch and made it to Chiplun at 10:30 PM.Enquired in 2-3 hotels and finally checked-in in a hotel for 900 bucks.
Each and every stuff with me is totally wet, All the precautionary measures I took to save my stuffs from the rain didn't worked at all :(.Present Condition of my room is like Palika bazaar.
Its time I should crash to bed now..Good night guys.
Ride Safe...Ride Hard
Cheers
Biru
No comments:
Post a Comment