Day 2 - Chikhaldhara - Semadoh - Stay at Jungle lodge
Morning 08:00 AM,No news from our fellow travelers.I guess they were still resting.I started towards Chikhaldhara without wasting any time.The Lansdcapic view was quite beautiful.Pretty soon it became foggy and nothing was visible
.It was early morning and i expected to be clear 
It wasnt foggy at some place though




Anyway i reached back at the top,and started searching for a place where i can have some breakfast and inquire about the Tourist places.I did found a tapri where he was preparing garam-garam pakode,Wada Pav etc..I stopped and fueled my tank with as much food i can eat.I spoke with the shop owner about the tourist places and he advised to visit Some view points,Bheem Kund,Gawilgarh fort and one lake for boating.Visiting view point was of no meaning as nothing would be visible due to the mist.
So i went to the Gawilgarh fort first.The fort had nothing just few walls and an entry gate :P




Next was the Boating lake..A commercial place where,there was a long queue for boating.The lake too was completely covered with mist and the boat rowers were shouting and making noises to get back to the starting point :P

The other Lake


I further moved to Bheem Kund.It is mythological important place for pilgrims. Bhima killed Kichaka and throw his body in the valley called 'Kichakdara' and he bath in the nearby lake, which is then reknowned as Bhim-Kund.



I visited few view points as well,to kill some time and waited for my fellow bugger tourers.Meanwhile i had some refreshments on other food joints.Went to a Saloon for shaving :P.But no sign of them.It was already 12:00 noon,so i thought lets start back for Pune.While returning i stopped at the Cascaded grass lands for some photo shoot.


Deep valleys full of velvet mist,natural scenery,majestic trees,placid lake and breezy atmosphere..I had to admit it that the beauty of Chikhaldara is overwhelming.

Just when i finished the shoot and started descending from the hill.I spotted the Buggers.Krishna,Sudhir,Siddarth,Nachiket and Vivek.After stopping everyone started with the explanation,reasoning etc etc.
I said lets head back as there is nothing to see,it just like any other hill station.Few Suicide points,Few echo points,few lovers points that's it.Everyone said "since you have explored all the points,How would you like to be our tour guide ".No not again..I cant visit all those places again..I have already wasted my evening and Half Day.So we decided to have some food (again) and return from Semadoh side.So i took them to the tapri where the Hot Pakodas were getting served.The shopkeeper shouted "Sir,Aap toh savere se yahi ghoom rahe he..Aap phir aa gaye "
:P
I said "Dekh nai rahe aapki dukaan ke liye customer leke aaya hu,bolo toh doosri jagah le jaau "
A TP Shot

Then again i had few rounds of Pakodas and Wada Pav.After everyone was done we started towards Semadoh.Everyone was insisting to stay at some Jungle Lodge,since we have come so far.
Stopped in between for few clicks.
Sudhir posing for my lens

L to R -> Siddarth,Vivek,Krishna,Sudhir and Nachiket

Bike line up..Uncle's and some aunties cooling off in background

Another quick stop

So we reached Semadoh and stopped at a Department of Forest Guest house.It seems a Family had booked the whole lodge..They were around 25-30 members and had booked all the guest houses including dormitory.What to do now,Krishna talked to the one of the family member who had booked the dormitory and he happily gave us 6 beds to stay in one of the Dorm.That was more than enough for 06 of us.
Place where we stayed

The Marvadi uncle who let us stay in the Dorm,Not only shared the breakfast..but he shared lunch and dinner with us as well.Even the sweets
So we had Lunch in the evening and our Marvadi Unlce was taking special care of Vivek..God know why
.After the full on Lunch we went to a waterfall nearby..
On our way to the waterfall


later we stopped at the nearby river bridge for some bakar and to hide from the Evening breakfast and the torcherous Marvadi Uncle

The river flowing next to our Guest House.It was quite serene location.

After it got dark we came back to the Dorm.Pretty soon Dinner was ready and we all had the Yummy dinner.Now the sleeping time..Yawn.Not yet,The family were celebrating birthday and some dance show was going on :P..later they started playing cards in the Dorm in which we were about to Sleep.To counter that they provided us the key of their cottage to sleep.. temporarily..until they are finished
.So they were done by 11:30 and it was our time for the good night sleep
Cheers
Biru
Morning 08:00 AM,No news from our fellow travelers.I guess they were still resting.I started towards Chikhaldhara without wasting any time.The Lansdcapic view was quite beautiful.Pretty soon it became foggy and nothing was visible
It wasnt foggy at some place though
Anyway i reached back at the top,and started searching for a place where i can have some breakfast and inquire about the Tourist places.I did found a tapri where he was preparing garam-garam pakode,Wada Pav etc..I stopped and fueled my tank with as much food i can eat.I spoke with the shop owner about the tourist places and he advised to visit Some view points,Bheem Kund,Gawilgarh fort and one lake for boating.Visiting view point was of no meaning as nothing would be visible due to the mist.
So i went to the Gawilgarh fort first.The fort had nothing just few walls and an entry gate :P
Next was the Boating lake..A commercial place where,there was a long queue for boating.The lake too was completely covered with mist and the boat rowers were shouting and making noises to get back to the starting point :P
The other Lake
I further moved to Bheem Kund.It is mythological important place for pilgrims. Bhima killed Kichaka and throw his body in the valley called 'Kichakdara' and he bath in the nearby lake, which is then reknowned as Bhim-Kund.
I visited few view points as well,to kill some time and waited for my fellow bugger tourers.Meanwhile i had some refreshments on other food joints.Went to a Saloon for shaving :P.But no sign of them.It was already 12:00 noon,so i thought lets start back for Pune.While returning i stopped at the Cascaded grass lands for some photo shoot.
Deep valleys full of velvet mist,natural scenery,majestic trees,placid lake and breezy atmosphere..I had to admit it that the beauty of Chikhaldara is overwhelming.
Just when i finished the shoot and started descending from the hill.I spotted the Buggers.Krishna,Sudhir,Siddarth,Nachiket and Vivek.After stopping everyone started with the explanation,reasoning etc etc.
I said lets head back as there is nothing to see,it just like any other hill station.Few Suicide points,Few echo points,few lovers points that's it.Everyone said "since you have explored all the points,How would you like to be our tour guide ".No not again..I cant visit all those places again..I have already wasted my evening and Half Day.So we decided to have some food (again) and return from Semadoh side.So i took them to the tapri where the Hot Pakodas were getting served.The shopkeeper shouted "Sir,Aap toh savere se yahi ghoom rahe he..Aap phir aa gaye "
I said "Dekh nai rahe aapki dukaan ke liye customer leke aaya hu,bolo toh doosri jagah le jaau "
A TP Shot
Then again i had few rounds of Pakodas and Wada Pav.After everyone was done we started towards Semadoh.Everyone was insisting to stay at some Jungle Lodge,since we have come so far.
Stopped in between for few clicks.
Sudhir posing for my lens
L to R -> Siddarth,Vivek,Krishna,Sudhir and Nachiket
Bike line up..Uncle's and some aunties cooling off in background
Another quick stop
So we reached Semadoh and stopped at a Department of Forest Guest house.It seems a Family had booked the whole lodge..They were around 25-30 members and had booked all the guest houses including dormitory.What to do now,Krishna talked to the one of the family member who had booked the dormitory and he happily gave us 6 beds to stay in one of the Dorm.That was more than enough for 06 of us.
Place where we stayed
The Marvadi uncle who let us stay in the Dorm,Not only shared the breakfast..but he shared lunch and dinner with us as well.Even the sweets
So we had Lunch in the evening and our Marvadi Unlce was taking special care of Vivek..God know why
On our way to the waterfall
later we stopped at the nearby river bridge for some bakar and to hide from the Evening breakfast and the torcherous Marvadi Uncle
The river flowing next to our Guest House.It was quite serene location.
After it got dark we came back to the Dorm.Pretty soon Dinner was ready and we all had the Yummy dinner.Now the sleeping time..Yawn.Not yet,The family were celebrating birthday and some dance show was going on :P..later they started playing cards in the Dorm in which we were about to Sleep.To counter that they provided us the key of their cottage to sleep.. temporarily..until they are finished
Cheers
Biru
No comments:
Post a Comment