Day 2 - Jurong Bird Park
Second day was dedicated to the Jurong bird park and Sentosa Island.I went to the little India metro station and took a ticket for Boon Lay.There wasn't any direct train to Boon Lay from Little India.I boarded the purple line metro and got down at Outram park to catch Green Line metro.Now this was a drect ride to Boon Lay.After boarding off at Boon Lay,we can take bus number 194 or 251 to reach Jurong bird park.
Entry fee for the park was 20 SGD.Park was so big,that there was a tram facility to move around the park.But that service was for 5-10 SGD extra.I decided to explore the place on foot,which is the best way to catch the beauty of the place in detail,save some bucks and be healthy.Now let the show begin...
Mr Shoebill - This guy feeds on fish and uses "standing and waiting" approach.He can stand still as a statue upto 20 mins awaiting its opportunity to strike.

Head shot - Saddle Billed Stork

Another head shot of - Cassowary Casque.The Casque or helmet of Cassowary is made up of very tough-foam like substance which is surprisingly light.

Steller's Sea Eagle - Bird Of Prey

Feeding the adorable Parakeets.I was blown away by the variety of color each of them had.

Scarlet Ibis

Ever heard of a Vegetarian Vulture ??..This Palm-Nut vulture is near vegetarian,eating almost exclusively on the fruits and husk of oil palm

African Fish Eagle

Cormorant

These bunch caught my attention.

TO BE CONTD
Cheers
Biru
Second day was dedicated to the Jurong bird park and Sentosa Island.I went to the little India metro station and took a ticket for Boon Lay.There wasn't any direct train to Boon Lay from Little India.I boarded the purple line metro and got down at Outram park to catch Green Line metro.Now this was a drect ride to Boon Lay.After boarding off at Boon Lay,we can take bus number 194 or 251 to reach Jurong bird park.
Entry fee for the park was 20 SGD.Park was so big,that there was a tram facility to move around the park.But that service was for 5-10 SGD extra.I decided to explore the place on foot,which is the best way to catch the beauty of the place in detail,save some bucks and be healthy.Now let the show begin...
Mr Shoebill - This guy feeds on fish and uses "standing and waiting" approach.He can stand still as a statue upto 20 mins awaiting its opportunity to strike.
Head shot - Saddle Billed Stork
Another head shot of - Cassowary Casque.The Casque or helmet of Cassowary is made up of very tough-foam like substance which is surprisingly light.
Steller's Sea Eagle - Bird Of Prey
Feeding the adorable Parakeets.I was blown away by the variety of color each of them had.
Scarlet Ibis
Ever heard of a Vegetarian Vulture ??..This Palm-Nut vulture is near vegetarian,eating almost exclusively on the fruits and husk of oil palm
African Fish Eagle
Cormorant
These bunch caught my attention.
TO BE CONTD
Cheers
Biru
No comments:
Post a Comment