Day 1 - Pune - Solapur - Zaheerabad - Hyderabad
It was the time of the year for my annual pilgrimage to Hyderabad.Every year we friends gather at Hyderabad to celebrate common birthday party and go on a small road trip to make the get-together perfect.For me it was another opportunity to burn some rubber.
The first day constitues half day of a Saturday and Half day of a Sunday,though my plan was to do a night ride and reach HYD by midnight.But the super awesome NH9 with lots of craters made it impossible.Front rim got hit by couple of craters before Umarga and i had to stay at the god forsaken city Umarga.Entire town smelled like a rotten pig,every lodge cum hotel was a beer bar with mighty unclean rooms.
..Now this was the reason i had to do break journey.
Road condition from Pune to Indapur is very good.Smooth,freshly laid tar with proper markings all the way till Indapur.(You see that bike ahead,these guys were stealing fiber cables
..as soon as they saw me clicking they left with whatever they had)

From Indapur to Solapur,four laning work is in progress.But one side of the road is completed and open for traffic.With couple of diversions,this road can be rated good as well.Now main adventure starts from Solapur.The Single lane Road remains good with few potholes here and there until you reach Karnataka.

While i was riding in the Karnataka side of National Highway 9,I saw these funny sign boards of Royal Challenge.I knew they are placed here to mock the peoples who are using the highway..The signboards said 'If only life was as smooth as Royal Challenge' and my mind said 'But it chose to be National Highway 9 - full of bullshit-craters' :P
.So a perfect one liner can be given about your life,when it ****ed up is 'My Life is National Highway 9'.
It was evening and sun came down,It was a perfect timing..I was around Osmanabad lake.I stopped at the lake for some sunset shots.All these pics are taken from the camera,I have become too lazy to unpack the luggage and take out the DSLR
.




The story following this break is already narrated in first paragraph.As soon as i crossed Naldurg,I ran into couple of deep potholes and i could sense the front tyre wobbling a bit.I decided to stay for the night in the next available town to avoid any further damage.While i reached Umarga,i searched all the available options and found none of the hotel worth staying.Finally i had to select the most worthy hotel from the list of the least worthy hotels :/.It was a okayish deal for 200 bucks with a common washroom.
Next day happened quite early as i couldn't sleep properly in the night.I started looking for a place where i can fill up some air,at nearby place where i was having tea..a person noticed that the front tyre has no gas.So he quickly arranged a Hand Pump for me.With my beer belly and powerful chicken arms,i filled up as much as i can and handed over the pump back to its owner with a Thanks and much appreciated help note.
Now i was riding with extra precautions with much slower speeds.Well,i didn't had any other options as there was no road at all.And the traffic from both sides were dodging the road in the potholes(you read this right),which was making difficult to judge that..in which direction there next move will be.
As i closed down towards Humnabad,I saw this entrance to BasavaKalyan.And curiosity and my bike took the lead to take me towards the town.

I reached BasavaKalyan and reached BasavaKalyan fort.It was still 8:30 AM and the fort gates open till 10-10:30 AM.Sometimes its a pain to start early and i was living it at that very moment.I clicked some pictures from outside,dodging the shit piles which were laid by Human Beasts.This city was called as Kalyana in its earlier days..before independence.After independence it was named to BasavaKalyana in memory of Vishwaguru Basavanna, a great revolutionary.




Old structures and ruined buildings were stretch in an area of 5-6 kms from the city.One could clearly spot them on the way to the fort,in its days of glory what beautiful city it would have been.Now what remains today is such badly maintained fort and the remaining city architecture encroached by local public.After waiting for a while i went to the nearby Basavanna temple.


One of the many ruins which is encroached by local public..or may be its their ancestral property..Not sure

And just when you exit the town,before entering the NH9.You cannot miss to spot this Worlds tallest Statue of Basavanna.Which is 108 feet tall.

As soon as you reach the Andhra part of National Highway 9.Road becomes better to very good.I reached HYD at my friends place around 01:00 PM(noon).
Cheers
Biru
It was the time of the year for my annual pilgrimage to Hyderabad.Every year we friends gather at Hyderabad to celebrate common birthday party and go on a small road trip to make the get-together perfect.For me it was another opportunity to burn some rubber.
The first day constitues half day of a Saturday and Half day of a Sunday,though my plan was to do a night ride and reach HYD by midnight.But the super awesome NH9 with lots of craters made it impossible.Front rim got hit by couple of craters before Umarga and i had to stay at the god forsaken city Umarga.Entire town smelled like a rotten pig,every lodge cum hotel was a beer bar with mighty unclean rooms.
Road condition from Pune to Indapur is very good.Smooth,freshly laid tar with proper markings all the way till Indapur.(You see that bike ahead,these guys were stealing fiber cables
From Indapur to Solapur,four laning work is in progress.But one side of the road is completed and open for traffic.With couple of diversions,this road can be rated good as well.Now main adventure starts from Solapur.The Single lane Road remains good with few potholes here and there until you reach Karnataka.
While i was riding in the Karnataka side of National Highway 9,I saw these funny sign boards of Royal Challenge.I knew they are placed here to mock the peoples who are using the highway..The signboards said 'If only life was as smooth as Royal Challenge' and my mind said 'But it chose to be National Highway 9 - full of bullshit-craters' :P
It was evening and sun came down,It was a perfect timing..I was around Osmanabad lake.I stopped at the lake for some sunset shots.All these pics are taken from the camera,I have become too lazy to unpack the luggage and take out the DSLR
The story following this break is already narrated in first paragraph.As soon as i crossed Naldurg,I ran into couple of deep potholes and i could sense the front tyre wobbling a bit.I decided to stay for the night in the next available town to avoid any further damage.While i reached Umarga,i searched all the available options and found none of the hotel worth staying.Finally i had to select the most worthy hotel from the list of the least worthy hotels :/.It was a okayish deal for 200 bucks with a common washroom.
Next day happened quite early as i couldn't sleep properly in the night.I started looking for a place where i can fill up some air,at nearby place where i was having tea..a person noticed that the front tyre has no gas.So he quickly arranged a Hand Pump for me.With my beer belly and powerful chicken arms,i filled up as much as i can and handed over the pump back to its owner with a Thanks and much appreciated help note.
Now i was riding with extra precautions with much slower speeds.Well,i didn't had any other options as there was no road at all.And the traffic from both sides were dodging the road in the potholes(you read this right),which was making difficult to judge that..in which direction there next move will be.
As i closed down towards Humnabad,I saw this entrance to BasavaKalyan.And curiosity and my bike took the lead to take me towards the town.
I reached BasavaKalyan and reached BasavaKalyan fort.It was still 8:30 AM and the fort gates open till 10-10:30 AM.Sometimes its a pain to start early and i was living it at that very moment.I clicked some pictures from outside,dodging the shit piles which were laid by Human Beasts.This city was called as Kalyana in its earlier days..before independence.After independence it was named to BasavaKalyana in memory of Vishwaguru Basavanna, a great revolutionary.
Old structures and ruined buildings were stretch in an area of 5-6 kms from the city.One could clearly spot them on the way to the fort,in its days of glory what beautiful city it would have been.Now what remains today is such badly maintained fort and the remaining city architecture encroached by local public.After waiting for a while i went to the nearby Basavanna temple.
One of the many ruins which is encroached by local public..or may be its their ancestral property..Not sure
And just when you exit the town,before entering the NH9.You cannot miss to spot this Worlds tallest Statue of Basavanna.Which is 108 feet tall.
As soon as you reach the Andhra part of National Highway 9.Road becomes better to very good.I reached HYD at my friends place around 01:00 PM(noon).
Cheers
Biru
No comments:
Post a Comment