When i was returning back from Australia,I planned the connecting flight from Singapore such that,I get maximum time to explore Singapore..In this case it was two days
.I landed in Singapore on 09 th Feb early morning,Got a two days visa at the immigration counter with a warning 'Please come with a proper VISA next time" 
While leaving from Australia,the amount of planning which i did to explore Singapore was zero.So,i was relying on the tourist information centre's and local public to guide me on the same.
Picked these from the tourist guide center to familiarize with the must go places,transport options and stay plan for the night.

For transport i chose the Hop-On..Hop Off services by Singapore Airlines.As i traveled in Singapore Airlines flight,i was eligible for a good discount
.There are plenty of Hop-On/Hop-Off service provider,which is quite a good mode of moving around in the city and visit the main tourist points.But these services ply on a standard route,to go the off beaten places or places which are far from the city we have to rely on Taxi,Metro or Public Transport buses.Metro trains in Singapore is the best option to move around the city.
My first stop was at Singapore Flyer.Entry ticketfor one round was for 33 SGD(Singapore Dollars).







Singapore flyer was quite fun and adventure.Peeking out from the glasses of the capsule on the high rises of Singapore.It was early morning and there were plenty of shops at the basement where we can have breakfast and refreshments.

With all these weird food options,i preferred to have tea only.

After finishing my tea,i went to the near by bus stop to board the Singapore Airlines hop-in/hoff-off bus.Next stop was China town.
A temple

Paid visit to the temple and then went to the Chinese temple ahead.




The temple was very beautiful from inside.






Monks doing some rituals.

I was feeling bit tired and wanted to have some rest,So i started looking out for a hotel in China town.Went to couple of hotels,but they were bit expensive for my budget.They were asking about 70-100 SGD for one night.So i decided to stay at Little India,assuming that it be cheaper than China Town.I went to the near by bus stop and boarded the hop-on/hop-off bus of SA.I reached little India and it was like a little Tamil Nadu(No offence to anyone).I was feeling like,i had reached my motherland..my home
.I settled in a nearby hotel for 30 SGD per night,which was way cheaper than what i saw in China Town.It was not as good as the room in China town was,it was very basic... and that is all i wanted 


I took shower and slept for a while,and when that while' ended it was already evening.Without wasting my time,I got ready and took a cab to Espalande to do some exploration around Marina Bay and Bayfront.I walked around and did the complete circle..Starting from Expalande to Raffles Place to Marina Blvd to Bayfront and back to Espalande.






While coming from China Town, i saw plenty of malls on my left.So i thought of doing some shopping..or window shopping at least
.So i took a cab from Espalande to Little India and asked the guy to drop me at the shopping malls in between.
After spending a lot of time in the malls,i returned back to Little India empty handed.I was not in mood of eating anything,so placed my self in a nearby Videshi Bar.Had my share of beer and then slept tight.
Cheers
BIru
.I landed in Singapore on 09 th Feb early morning,Got a two days visa at the immigration counter with a warning 'Please come with a proper VISA next time" 
While leaving from Australia,the amount of planning which i did to explore Singapore was zero.So,i was relying on the tourist information centre's and local public to guide me on the same.
Picked these from the tourist guide center to familiarize with the must go places,transport options and stay plan for the night.
For transport i chose the Hop-On..Hop Off services by Singapore Airlines.As i traveled in Singapore Airlines flight,i was eligible for a good discount
.There are plenty of Hop-On/Hop-Off service provider,which is quite a good mode of moving around in the city and visit the main tourist points.But these services ply on a standard route,to go the off beaten places or places which are far from the city we have to rely on Taxi,Metro or Public Transport buses.Metro trains in Singapore is the best option to move around the city.My first stop was at Singapore Flyer.Entry ticketfor one round was for 33 SGD(Singapore Dollars).
Singapore flyer was quite fun and adventure.Peeking out from the glasses of the capsule on the high rises of Singapore.It was early morning and there were plenty of shops at the basement where we can have breakfast and refreshments.
With all these weird food options,i preferred to have tea only.
After finishing my tea,i went to the near by bus stop to board the Singapore Airlines hop-in/hoff-off bus.Next stop was China town.
A temple

Paid visit to the temple and then went to the Chinese temple ahead.
The temple was very beautiful from inside.
Monks doing some rituals.
I was feeling bit tired and wanted to have some rest,So i started looking out for a hotel in China town.Went to couple of hotels,but they were bit expensive for my budget.They were asking about 70-100 SGD for one night.So i decided to stay at Little India,assuming that it be cheaper than China Town.I went to the near by bus stop and boarded the hop-on/hop-off bus of SA.I reached little India and it was like a little Tamil Nadu(No offence to anyone).I was feeling like,i had reached my motherland..my home
I took shower and slept for a while,and when that while' ended it was already evening.Without wasting my time,I got ready and took a cab to Espalande to do some exploration around Marina Bay and Bayfront.I walked around and did the complete circle..Starting from Expalande to Raffles Place to Marina Blvd to Bayfront and back to Espalande.
While coming from China Town, i saw plenty of malls on my left.So i thought of doing some shopping..or window shopping at least
.So i took a cab from Espalande to Little India and asked the guy to drop me at the shopping malls in between.After spending a lot of time in the malls,i returned back to Little India empty handed.I was not in mood of eating anything,so placed my self in a nearby Videshi Bar.Had my share of beer and then slept tight.
Cheers
BIru
No comments:
Post a Comment