The accommodation i got in the hotel,was quite smelly and shitty according to the price i paid for one night(400 INR).This is something you have to adjust and live with when you are on a journey,alone...on your own.A early start is what i needed,I moved ahead towards Along which is the gateway to Menchuka.Arunachal people also term it as the next Switzerland in the world.I was very much exited to see it and experience it.Alas !!,rain was continuing to spoil the fun and hopes.The rain continued with fog and clouds and i had no option,but to ride ahead..completely drenched.


I stopped in a town named Basar for lunch.Had parathas and sabji with tea.Meanwhile i started conversation with a local person who turned out to be a teacher and trekker by passion.He gave some pointers for going Menchuka and if going towards Dibrugarh..from where to take ferry etc.The guy was very helpful..wrote the places of all the imp places and draw few maps also for the pointers.


Finally i took off and headed towards Along,meanwhile the rain continued to spoil my plans,faith and expectations.Pretty soon I reached a junction,where the left turn was heading to Along and the Right turn would have taken me to Bogebeel (place where we get cheap/proper ferry for Dibrugarh).I decided not to go to Along,as i was fed up with the rains.So i ran towards plains.
A wild flower,which caught my eye.

As i was moving towards plain,the road condition was getting worst.Also i was running out of time,as the last ferry from Bogibeel to Dibrugarh is at 05 O Clock.So i was racing against time
I made it to the Ferry point,just in time..when the ferry was about to leave.Infact the last ferry had already left.A guy did the Personal ferry and he allowed few of us to cross in it.Long live the Kind fella.

20 mins and we were on the other side.Dibrugarh was around 10-15 kms from where the ferry dropped us.There were multiple roads leading into multiple direction from the ferry point,took help from some Local GPS'es and i was on my way to Dibrugarh.But like my other rides i fell into a short cut trap...got myself into a muddy,slushy situation..from where i wasn't even able to take a U turn.That 2-3 kms of roads from between the fields took me 01 hour to cross.Many times i saved myself from rushing into the fields.
It Started with confusing Kachha roads

Few kms of tarmac fun

And then back to disaster - Shortcut trap


Finally i was through it and reached Dibrugarh,Hotels were on bit expensive side.However in one hotel,there was common room..where they had 05 beds..just like a Dormitory.Each bed for 200 bucks.All i wanted is a place for sleeping,i grabbed the deal without having second thoughts about it.Luckily nobody came on the other beds and I had entire dorm for myself
I kept out all the stuff in other beds for drying,had few rounds of 100 pipers that i bought in Daporijo and crashed to the bed.
Cheers
Biru
I stopped in a town named Basar for lunch.Had parathas and sabji with tea.Meanwhile i started conversation with a local person who turned out to be a teacher and trekker by passion.He gave some pointers for going Menchuka and if going towards Dibrugarh..from where to take ferry etc.The guy was very helpful..wrote the places of all the imp places and draw few maps also for the pointers.
Finally i took off and headed towards Along,meanwhile the rain continued to spoil my plans,faith and expectations.Pretty soon I reached a junction,where the left turn was heading to Along and the Right turn would have taken me to Bogebeel (place where we get cheap/proper ferry for Dibrugarh).I decided not to go to Along,as i was fed up with the rains.So i ran towards plains.
A wild flower,which caught my eye.
As i was moving towards plain,the road condition was getting worst.Also i was running out of time,as the last ferry from Bogibeel to Dibrugarh is at 05 O Clock.So i was racing against time
I made it to the Ferry point,just in time..when the ferry was about to leave.Infact the last ferry had already left.A guy did the Personal ferry and he allowed few of us to cross in it.Long live the Kind fella.
20 mins and we were on the other side.Dibrugarh was around 10-15 kms from where the ferry dropped us.There were multiple roads leading into multiple direction from the ferry point,took help from some Local GPS'es and i was on my way to Dibrugarh.But like my other rides i fell into a short cut trap...got myself into a muddy,slushy situation..from where i wasn't even able to take a U turn.That 2-3 kms of roads from between the fields took me 01 hour to cross.Many times i saved myself from rushing into the fields.
It Started with confusing Kachha roads
Few kms of tarmac fun
And then back to disaster - Shortcut trap
Finally i was through it and reached Dibrugarh,Hotels were on bit expensive side.However in one hotel,there was common room..where they had 05 beds..just like a Dormitory.Each bed for 200 bucks.All i wanted is a place for sleeping,i grabbed the deal without having second thoughts about it.Luckily nobody came on the other beds and I had entire dorm for myself

I kept out all the stuff in other beds for drying,had few rounds of 100 pipers that i bought in Daporijo and crashed to the bed.
Cheers
Biru
No comments:
Post a Comment