Salute to the sculptor
In the morning i started with Eastern group of temples,which consist of three main Jain Temples Parshvanata Temple,Adinath Temple and Ghantai Temple.Most of the temple here belong to Jain faith but there are three Hindu temples of the group, namely, the Brahma temple enshrining a four-faced linga; the Vamana temple with divine carvings of sensuous celestial maidens in various poses adorning its outer walls and the Javari temple with a opulently carved doorway and ostentatious sculptures on its exteriors.






Next was Southern group of temples which consist of Duladeo temple and Chaturbhuja temple.Chaturbhuja temple contains huge imposing intricately carved image of Lord Vishnu in the temple's sanctum, which is the chief attraction of the temple.





Last but not the least,few close shots which are my personal favorites.


I finished visiting all the temples in the first half and moved towards Raneh Falls and Pandav Caves.The town folks told me about a short cut to reach there.As expected,the Road condition wasn't pleasant.In a while i reached the entry point for Raneh Falls.It was a forest area and I had to walk few miles to get it to the view point.But the falls were not properly visible from the view points so i went for the nature trail walk.All alone,I was bit scared at the start to roam around alone in the forest area.But then,this was not the first time i was doing it


View not clear


The nature trail trekking route was easy to identify as it was clearly marked by arrows.It lasted for 3-4 Kms long i guess.While i was at the end of trail i saw something running in the woods,It was a jackal or fox i didnt saw it clearly,but i started throwing stone in that direction to scare it,Whatever it was
:P




I moved back to the entry point and started towards Pandav Caves.Meanwhile it started to drizzle.I reached Pandav caves,one have to climb down few stairs and cross a river to reach till the caves.Due rains the bridge taking from one side to other was submerged in the water.The caves doesn't looked quite well to me from a distance so i dropped the idea of crossing the river
.But the waterfall adjacent to the caves was quite good.
A Villa enroute

Pandav Caves


While returning i didn't took the shortcut and came back from NH75,spotted one of the entry gate of Panna National park on the route.Intensity of drizzle got increased and i got drenched quite badly.Reached at Hotel by 05:30,I had to go to the Night Show today,There are two timings for the show.Ons starts at 06:30 which is in English and the Hindi one starts at 08:30.

Was feeling bit tired so slept for a while.I slept for almost 02 hours,I checked the clock it was 8 O clock,Damn !, I missed it.Anyway i went to a hotel nearby to grab some beer.From the roof top restaurant of the hotel,some part of the night show was visible.
Sigma 70-300,put to some good use
..without tripod


Had few beers,until the show ended and went back to the Hotel.
Cheers
Biru
In the morning i started with Eastern group of temples,which consist of three main Jain Temples Parshvanata Temple,Adinath Temple and Ghantai Temple.Most of the temple here belong to Jain faith but there are three Hindu temples of the group, namely, the Brahma temple enshrining a four-faced linga; the Vamana temple with divine carvings of sensuous celestial maidens in various poses adorning its outer walls and the Javari temple with a opulently carved doorway and ostentatious sculptures on its exteriors.
Next was Southern group of temples which consist of Duladeo temple and Chaturbhuja temple.Chaturbhuja temple contains huge imposing intricately carved image of Lord Vishnu in the temple's sanctum, which is the chief attraction of the temple.
Last but not the least,few close shots which are my personal favorites.
I finished visiting all the temples in the first half and moved towards Raneh Falls and Pandav Caves.The town folks told me about a short cut to reach there.As expected,the Road condition wasn't pleasant.In a while i reached the entry point for Raneh Falls.It was a forest area and I had to walk few miles to get it to the view point.But the falls were not properly visible from the view points so i went for the nature trail walk.All alone,I was bit scared at the start to roam around alone in the forest area.But then,this was not the first time i was doing it
View not clear
The nature trail trekking route was easy to identify as it was clearly marked by arrows.It lasted for 3-4 Kms long i guess.While i was at the end of trail i saw something running in the woods,It was a jackal or fox i didnt saw it clearly,but i started throwing stone in that direction to scare it,Whatever it was
I moved back to the entry point and started towards Pandav Caves.Meanwhile it started to drizzle.I reached Pandav caves,one have to climb down few stairs and cross a river to reach till the caves.Due rains the bridge taking from one side to other was submerged in the water.The caves doesn't looked quite well to me from a distance so i dropped the idea of crossing the river
A Villa enroute
Pandav Caves
While returning i didn't took the shortcut and came back from NH75,spotted one of the entry gate of Panna National park on the route.Intensity of drizzle got increased and i got drenched quite badly.Reached at Hotel by 05:30,I had to go to the Night Show today,There are two timings for the show.Ons starts at 06:30 which is in English and the Hindi one starts at 08:30.
Was feeling bit tired so slept for a while.I slept for almost 02 hours,I checked the clock it was 8 O clock,Damn !, I missed it.Anyway i went to a hotel nearby to grab some beer.From the roof top restaurant of the hotel,some part of the night show was visible.
Sigma 70-300,put to some good use
Had few beers,until the show ended and went back to the Hotel.
Cheers
Biru
Oh! I missed the 'Satute to sculpture' thing! Where was that in Khajuraho?
ReplyDeleteI missed out the waterfalls and Pandav caves because there was no water in the falls in early March. They seem to be gorgeous!
The Sound and Light Hindi version is good for Indians, because the languages is connected to the culture.
Didn't you visit Kalinjar Fort? It is nice.
I backpacked in Madhya Pradesh and visited most of the places you have written about! Hope you wouldn't mind if I point out few things in comments!? :)