Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 11 - UDR Ride - 20 July - Varanasi - Gorakhpur - Sunauli

In the first half of day 11 i took my bike to Yamaha service center for quick servicing.I told them my story that i need to travel ahead,I am travelling from so many days,I am in big trouble if i did not reach back in time etc etc..added some spice to it and they agreed to Service the bike on priority and give it back in 2 hours.

Better than the Yamaha Service center at Malad West.We have to take an appointment one week before to get the bike serviced.

Varanasi aka Banaras aka Kaashi...Which is blessed with the love of Holy Ganga.City which is reffered by many names.. "the city of temples", "the holy city of India", "the religious capital of India", "the city of lights", and "the city of learning."

At the banks of the Ganga,lies the famous Kashi Vishwanath Temple of Lord Shiva.This is one of the Holiest of all the Shiva temple and contains one of the twelve Jyotirlingas.

First thing was to visit the temple,since any kind of electronic equipment was not allowed inside.I took a locker in one of the Prasad shop and put all stuff there (Camera,Mobile etc).There are multiple gates for entry,manky check points.It took an hour for me to do the darshan.Which was quite less in fact .I was expecting at least 2-3 hours .

On my way to the temple 


Anyway after darshan i moved on to the Ghats to take a dip in Holy Ganga.











2-3 Hours passed and i went back to the Service center with all my luggage.I had to move towards Gorakhpur.Route was straight and easy with less traffic.I made it to Gorakhpur by evening.


After reaching Gorakhpur i realized that i am running low in cash.I started looking for the ATM on left and right while moving towards Nepal Border and finally the city ended.Didnt spotted any ATM on the road !!..Wait saw one ATM ahead,But there was huge queue outside the ATM machine.I waited for sometime and asked few peoples if there is any ATM on this way or not.Everybody told me there are 3-4 ATMs enroute.Also there are 3-4 ATMs at Sunauli.This gave me relief and i moved ahead towards Sunauli.

People in Gorakhpur did told me about the ATM's but they did not told me that they are closed most of the time.I just had 150 rs left in my pocket.And the only thought came in my mind is "If the ATM's at sunauli are in same situation then i had to sleep on Footpath for the night".Then again i thought,this is not new to me..I have an experience of sleeping in the bus stands which are present at the Pune - Banglore Highway with full gear ON. 

A Bhojpuri song shooting in progress


Stopped at a point for a short break,Felt bit hungry,so looked for the cheapest option available.Saw Panipuri stall..Best thing to kill hunger 

Chatwala - my Savior :P



Reached Sunauli around 8:00 PM.town was almost closed and was having no Electricity.All ATM's were closed,came to know that they are all closed opened after 06:00 PM and will open next day 10 AM,when bank starts.Superb Tragedy for me,Now i had to really stay at Footpath for the night.as i had only 120 Rs left with me.

But my Good luck was in my favor that day,I went to an Hotel to ask about the charges per night.And to my surprise the charges were very-very low.80 Rupees per night for Single Room 
Hotel owner reply made my day.

I quickly checked in and went for sleep.Unlike other peaceful days it was Quite a dramatic day 

Cheers
Biru

No comments:

Post a Comment