Day 4 - Theni - Thekkady - Allepy - Kochi














Meanwhile my bike started giving me trouble.Front tyre was completely gone,with 7-8 punctures.It was hardly holding any air for 15-20 mins.Blame it to the shortcut i took from Munnar to Kodaikanal.Chain was also giving me trouble,it has become so loose
that it was slipping on the sprocket.Darn !!
I was left out with only one option.I reached Kochi and thought of Parcelling my bike.But before that,I wanted to do some city darshan..as i had heard a lot about the churches and the Chinese fishing nets in Kochi
Chinese fishing nets






I did get connected Buses to reach Pune and i landed back in Pune by Monday midnight.
Cheers
Biru
I started early morning from Theni.another 70 kms and i reached Periyar Tiger Reserve..crossing cumbum and Kumily.
From Kumily one has to take a diversion from the main road to reach the Periyar Tiger Reserve.
Tea Gardens
Ah!,Jumbo Circus..Childhood memories refreshed .While i was taking photos of it.People gathered around me,thinking that i am from Jumbo Circus and will pull up stunts for them.They thought i am the one who rides inside that "MAUT KAA KUAA"
At the entry gate of the Tiger Reserve.Entry fees for Vehicle and myself
Being Sunday,the place was jam packed with the family crowd.Causing a long queue for the boat ride .I just have look around at the place and started back towards Kumily.
I did not expected much from Periyar Tiger Reserve,as it has nothing much to offer,other than the beautiful view of lake and boat ride.
A fellow traveler
Road was good all the way,view turned more majestic 30-40 kms before Alappuzha.True Beauty of Kerala - Backwaters on both the side of the Highway.Beauty of it was just awesome.
Thodaa hat kee
I reached Allapuzha and went towards the beach.It was like any other beach .Sat for a while,had an icecream and moved towards Kochi.
Initially i was planning to take a boat ride from Allepy to Kollam
but i was too late for that.
Meanwhile my bike started giving me trouble.Front tyre was completely gone,with 7-8 punctures.It was hardly holding any air for 15-20 mins.Blame it to the shortcut i took from Munnar to Kodaikanal.Chain was also giving me trouble,it has become so loose
that it was slipping on the sprocket.Darn !!
I was left out with only one option.I reached Kochi and thought of Parcelling my bike.But before that,I wanted to do some city darshan..as i had heard a lot about the churches and the Chinese fishing nets in Kochi
Chinese fishing nets
One of the church i visited
Went to the railway station,It was already 05:00 PM.They told me that Parcel booking is close for today.So i have to parcel the bike as a luggage.
Left all my stuff in front of the parcel office and went to buy the train ticket to Pune.Long queue..
Finally i got the ticket.Got my bike packed and purchased the parcel ticket.Big relief..I paid extra 100 bucks to the packer to get the bike loaded safe and sound.Next thing was to find a bus to reach Banglore and then another Bus from banglore till Pune.
Local Transport in Kochi
I did get connected Buses to reach Pune and i landed back in Pune by Monday midnight.
Cheers
Biru
i am waiting for it!
ReplyDeletewaiting man..
ReplyDelete