Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 3 - Kanha National Park - Keolari - Home Sweet Home

I woke up at 05 O clock in the morning being proud of myself that I am not a lazy fellow and I will be the first one to reach the counter. So finished the daily rituals quickly and jogged towards the Khatiya entry gate of Kanha.Jeeps were lined up in the right hand side and there was a huge crowd standing outside the counter..And the words came out of my mouth, straight from the heart "lag gaye l****".I went to the counter and bargained with a fellow tourist to enter my name in the entry form.


Safari at Kanha happens two times a day sunrise to 12 O clock and 03 clock to sunset, where you have to book your entry tickets in advance either via internet or at the counter at entry gate.90 % of the tickets are available and booked via online booking and rest of it, around 9-10 tickets I guess..are sold at the various entry points at Kanha. So better book online in advance, because getting it at the entry counter is very difficult as you have to stand for hours to get it.6-7 persons are allowed in a gypsy in one ticket..If you are a single person get adjusted with someone or else you have to book the whole gypsy, which will be a costly affair. While getting adjusted with others, the main things is your name should be there in the entry form that means...the people who have done online bookings cannot include you. 

So Good Morning Kanha 



So the point of all this story is, By the time the form with my name reached the counter all tickets were booked already ...What to do now !!
I checked with the tourist information center and they told me about the Nature Trail, where a guide will take you for a 05-06 kms walk inside the jungle. I said best option to kill the time. The fees for it was 100 Rs with guide.


So here we GO




some birdie

It was December and It was Damn Cold 

And it continues


A Shy Fellow - Owl


And just before...the end of trail


Meanwhile guide kept me telling about Panther and tiger sighting in the trail, I knew he was talking all bullshit.But who knows :P .While walking down the trail, idea of opening guest house and hotel of my own at Kanha crossed my mind. Living such close to nature, cherishing its beauty on the daily basis and not loosing on your financial front as well. Life would be perfect. So I gave the guide a hint that I am interested in buying some land or hotel nearby :P .Now the trail took us such far that we came out at the road from where Kanha was 5-6 Kms.Damn !..I can’t feel my legs I said to the guide. So we waited for a lift.
Went back to the hotel to take a shower and then came back to entry point, in hope to get into safari this time. And yes this time success was all mine 

All ready for the Safari 






There was news on the market that,there is a kill in the Safari area..So chances of tiger spotting are 70%.I was quite excited by the news.So finally our number came and look who greeted us at the start of the ride.



Beautiful Dirt tracks,The grassy meadows, lush sal and bamboo forests,Natural beauty was scattered all over the place.











So we roamed..roamed and roamed for 02 hours in hope of of tiger sighting.But coudn't sighted any.We did saw Barasingha,Sambhar,Spotted Dear and few birds.The Kill everyone was muttering about was 02-03 days old.



















Phew !!..Though i didn't get to saw any tiger,I was quite happy and satisfied with the marvelous beauty i admired in there.It was dark and it was time to pack up bags and run for home.I reached Keolari at around 09 Pm,parked my bike at a friends place who lives in the outer area of Keolari.I made sure that my dad doesn't knows him and his dad doesn't knows mine.So we were all safe.

My friend dropped me at my Mama's house where my father was waiting for me to pick up.

After few talks and tea sessions me and dad left for our village - Bhadutola  :P

Rest all is family thing,so i should not bore others with it

Cheers
Biru

No comments:

Post a Comment