To escape from the sweltering summer heat, I started my ride on the Thursday night. Friday 22 April was Good Friday and I had taken comp off on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday was a planned sick leave
.My initial plan was to hit Pondicherry and explore East Coast till Kanyakumari but changed the plan at the last moment to escape from the immense heat and ended up exploring God Owns Country - Kerala for 06 days.Tea-Parle G break
Few Kms before Haveri
Riding on NH4 is a quite boring part, I rode for whole night and made it to
Tumkur in the morning.
Lovely shades in the sky
Chitradurga
From Tumkur I left the NH4 to make the journey little bit exciting and headed towards Kunigal,What can I say, I just love these state highways. Road condition from Tumkur to Kunigal was not so bad, but the Patch between Malavalli was in quite bad shape with lots of unwanted speed breakers.Malavalli is the point where the State Highway coming from Tumkur meets the Bangalore-Mysore highway. I was on the Bangalore-Mysore highway for just 3-4 Kms,being a long weekend there was lot of traffic on the road.Anyways,i separated my route from the main highway and moved towards Kollegal.
Beauty that lies in the lap of state highways
@Kunigal
Road conditions improved after Kollegal.Few Kms after Kollegal,saw a diversion to BR Hills Wildlife sanctury.And here we go following the diversion to explore the BR Hills. The Biligirirangan Hills, commonly called B R Hills, is a hill range situated in south-eastern Karnataka at its border with Tamil Nadu.Located at the eastern most edge of the Western Ghats, BRT is considered as biogeographic bridge between the Western and the Eastern Ghats.
Pretty soon I reached at the entrance of the Sanctuary, there was an entry fee of 20 Rs.
Just when I started to climb the hills it started raining heavily.Damn it !..It’s April, there is still one more month to hit the monsoon. Then I realized and remembered about the bonding, which I share with the rains. Dense forest all around with no soul around, Place was so calm and beautiful, I was very much enjoying the place.
I have been riding from last night and it was 03:00 PM now, due to heavy rains I got fully drenched. Every part of the body and every cloth on the body were wet :P.I quickly moved towards Chamrajnagar,the road leading to Chamrajnagar from BR hills was in horrible condition.
Reached Chamrajnagar and checked in, into a lodge for 300 INR.An eventful riding day comes to an end.
Cheers
Biru
What a coincidence... Me and Friend of mine did Pune=>Banglore=>Pune ride around same time... just next day... 23rd April @ 2.30am we started our journey.
ReplyDeletehttp://adsarode3.blogspot.com/2011/04/pune-bangaluru-banglore-bangalooru-pune.html