Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Magical Uttarakhand - 6 Days of Fun and 2 Days of Mess - DAY 3 - PART 1

Day 3 - Uttarkashi - Gangotri - Uttarkashi

This day has finally come,where my excitement was at par.The day when i get to receive blessing from "Ganga Maiya".I packed my stuff and started ahead without wasting any time.

This is where i stayed for the night for 300 Bucks.


Roads were mostly good with few bad patches and these bad patches were due to the land slides.



It was not very far i had traveled and i got blessed with the lovely views of snow capped mountains.





I hadn't eaten anything from the morning and due to Holi,most of the tapri's and restaurants in the villages ahead were closed.Meanwhile i was stopped by few local villagers to celebrate holi..I just exchanged few rounds of gulals and continued ahead.

Road side waterfalls were such a common site in this route.





As i moved towards Gangotri,beauty around me kept on increasing by many folds.









Finally i found an open restaurant in Dharam Band,I order two packets of maggi as i was hungry like a dog.While i was waiting for Maggi,i got in conversation with fellow villagers 



And the Masala maggi was served..with some vegetable toppings...with lot of water though :/...While i was busy eating my lunch,locals folks were telling some legends of the trekkers who come here and stay for years and trek the entire region.I was least interested in hearing that as trekking was not my stuff  :P.They also told me some horror stories in which couple of crazy trekkers died due to their own stupid craziness.I topped up my stomach with a cup of tea at the end and ordered for the bill.70 bucks and full satisfaction.

I started towards Gangotri as clouds had started gathering towards Uttarkashi side.Did not wanted to get drenched in this cold weather.



Another waterfall in between.



One more



And there i was welcomed 


These red flowers were very beautiful.



So were these...Beautiful isn't it ?



Made it to Gangotri and it was all empty,didn't spotted a single soul around.I was clueless,where exactly is the temple..reached a parking spot..then saw a small gully filled with ice..leading ahead.I took my bike in that gully and luckily found a guy.He was the temple guard,he pointed me to park the bike there itself and come ahead.



Pose marne kaa 



Left my Dhanno halfway 



All the places around were closed and were covered in thick layer of snow.Temple of 'Ganga Maiya' was closed and as far as i remember the guard told me that the temple gates will open in May.







Since the temple was closed,I worshiped 'Ganga Maiya' from outside and started my return journey towards Uttarkashi.Entire place looked so heavenly..So divine,that sometimes you have to pinch yourself to tell yourself..'Dude this place and the way you are feeling about it.it is all real'



Cheers
Biru

No comments:

Post a Comment