Thursday, February 28, 2013

Grampians National Park - Solo Ride to the Trekker's Paradise - Australia - DAY 2

Day 2 - Halls Gap - Pinnacle Trek - Dunkeld - Ballarat - Melbourne





As suggested by the spanish mates in the evening,My morning started with the search operation of the starting point of the Pinnacle Point trek.I reached wonderland car park to get on with trek which was on the way to Boroka look out/McKenzie waterfall road.


I left my luggage on the bike and started the trek.The entire trek was of 06 Kms,too much for a noob trekker like me :O 








The track involved rock steps and many rock hopping. Few footbridges over Stony Creek and the majestic Grand Canyon,It was all amazing.

















After a steady climb past magnificent rock formations,I reached to the Pinnacle Lookout and the view from there was awe inspiring.Finally,one leg of the toughest thing i hate was over.


And that's the pinnacle.



And a Happy face 



Return trek was quite quick as there was no climbing part involved.


The remaining leg of the journey was straight as a line and easy as pie.But i have to make it complicated,after doing the 06 Kms trek..my legs were hurting badly and the only thing i wanted to do was to reach home and crash into bed.A diversion taking to Mt William Summit caught my interest and there i was at the parking of the summit..ready for another 5 Km trek :/


Parking and the place around looked quite deserted and i had a second thought of leaving the trek and head back on the homeway. Thanks to the stubborn thought "Who is going to come back here again,Who Knows,May be or May be not..Lets Do it".Though there was a tar road till the summit,but its steep nature made the climb more difficult.





A army lad named Major Mitchell climbed this place in 1836 and named it Mt William.God knows why..Why not Mount Mitchell ?? Sounds more cool to me.I am not going to be unreasonable like Major Mitchell,if i climb an unclaimed/unnamed mountain..I will name it "Mt Upadhyay" .Now this is much more cool than previous mentioned names 





On the one side of the Summit,there were vast flat lands and on the other side there were mountains.











How i wish,I had more time..I would have spent some more moments in this heavenly place.I returned back with lady in yellow and we both started our journey back to Melbourne.


While returning i was going from the other side..via Dunkled.The Dunkled road met at the Ballarat from where the road was quite familiar to me.I made it to home by 7:00 PM.Picked up a bottle of wine from Dan Murphy between,celebration becomes essential when you had some fun in your ride.


Cheers
Biru

No comments:

Post a Comment