Saturday, February 2, 2013

Grampians National Park - Solo Ride to the Trekker's Paradise - Australia - DAY 1

The ride happened in the Mid November of 2012,I know i am a decade late on posting this one ..But trust me,it won't take a decade to complete the log 

Day 1 - Melbounre - Ballarat - Aarat - Halls Gap(Grampians National Park)



Halls Gap was just 260 Kms away from Melbourne,A relaxed half day ride for me.I started at the usual time around 09 AM.First pit stop was near Ballarat at a so called Fort.The day i came to Australia,i have been searching for Historic Forts and Monuments like we have in India.But history of this country has been very different from ours,which is the reason why i couldn't find such fort's,Palaces and Monuments..like we have in our country.History of Australia has been a combination of the Colonial Societies and Aboriginal Australians.

I headed to the Castle which was few meters away from the highway,It wasn't a real castle and unfortunately it was closed for renovation.



I headed towards Aarat and did some non stop stretches to reach Grampians National Park.



A self potrait with my sweetheart 



I had almost half day left,so i went to do some sight seeing.Before that i checked-in in a Backpacker hostel - YHA for 40 AUD per night.

Boroka Look Out - This lookout can be accessed via trekking from Halls Gap or we can directly ride thru at the road going towards Wartook.Boroka Lookout is one best view-point to enjoy the gorgeous views of the region.The never ending plains,water reservoirs, hill ranges of the majestic mountains..It all looked so complete and very beautiful.







MacKenzie Falls - The most popular tourist attraction at this place,its few Kms trekking away from the parking lot.A steep staircase takes you to the bottom of the waterfalls.But it is totally worth the effort.Due to regular rainfall, the waterfall is the only all-year-round flowing waterway in this entire region. 







A Kookaburra resting nearby waterfall




I spent a lot of time here and i just did not wanted to leave the place.Due to the sun setting down..I had to leave the place.



A red crowned Cockatoo



Wartook Resorvoir 



Reeds Look Out - Reeds Lookout is another great view-point for enjoying the fantastic bird’s eye views of the other side of the Grampians National Park.Also the best spot for catching Sunset. 







Enjoyed the Sunset and returned to the Hostel,there were two other travelers staying in the room.Both of them were from Spain and their plan was to stay in the Grampians for two weeks and explore all the national park on foot.Crazy peoples ..I had a short conversation with them about their plans of exploring more places in Australia and then they offered me beer :P ..We kept on talking about each others travel stories and they advised me to do the trek to the Pinnacle point.

Cheers
Biru

No comments:

Post a Comment