Started for Dholagat in the morning to catch the ferry and cross the mighty Bramhaputra.Usually the ferry services starts from 06 AM morning,but the frequency of the ferries increases by 08 AM.
I had to wait till 07:00 AM,till me and my bike got a lift in one of the ferry.Saw an under construction bridge which is expected to be completed by 2014.Not many bridges ply in the northern side of Bramhaputra in Assam,infact there is none.The only way to cross the river is via Ferry.It costed me 70 INR in all,which was okayish for a ferry ride of 20-30 mins.

Not even the small cars,but the trucks can be crossed from one side to another via ferry services.And trust me they charge minimal rate for the services they are providing,so don't bargain

As usual the 2-3 kms of the road which is used to reach Ferry points and come out to the main roads from the Ferry point was in bad shape.

I rode for around 20-30 kms and reached Arunachal Police check post,they were not letting me go ahead to Roing.As permit did not say Roing in it.I argued with them and said,I need to go to Tezu and map talks about the route via Roing.So if i have taken the permit to Tezu,Roing should be covered in it.
Slowly i told them my plan to visit Annini,they said it will not be possible..because Annini is also not mentioned in the Permit.I requested them if something can be done,they firmly replied NO,As the Annini route is bit dangerous and lonely.We cannot take that risk.After much persuasion and request they advised me to go and visit OC of the Roing police station.
Roing was another 6-9 kms from the checkpost.There were quite a few restaurants in the town.Stopped for a breakfast at one of the eating joint,they served quite good Lachha Paratha with tea.Food was lovely and satisfying i Say
I moved to the Police station to take Permission from OC.I spoke to the Senior Inspector who was in-charge,I explained him about my ride and my previous rides i had done.With all the stories(real ones) i told to him,he let me go with one clause.I need to report back to the police station while returning back.Not a big deal i said and left for Annini.
Weather was quite clear as compared to the Ziro-Daporijo-Menchuka circuit,first 30-40 kms towards Annini gave quite a beautiful view of the plains..filled with backwater.

Major challenge for this circuit was of No Fuel Stations,No Hotels for night stay and only 2-3 eating joints in entire 220 kms stretch.People advised that fuel will be available in Annini in black.So i tanked up at Roing,which has only 01 fuel station.
As i moved ahead,fog started to gather.Which wasn't a good sign
.In the matter of few kms it got cleared though,which was a big relief
.The route was quite lonely,didnt found a single vehicle in the entire stretch till etaun.


A waterfall on the road




But i must admit,the beautiful scenery i witnessed cannot be described in the words.Green mountains raising high,till the sky...filled with dense and green forest.


Another beautiful waterfall,bang on the road


The Annini route is said to be a major land sliding and land sinking area.A so called live example of which i got to see before Etaun village,where a mini truck fell into a deep valley because of road sinking.There i met the OC of BRO who was the incharge of the roads maintained/repaired and created by BRO.Fortunately he was Engineer too..and looking at my passion about travelling on motorcycle,he offered me free food and stay at BRO camp in Etaun.
Notice the big black spot in the middle of land slide..that is the base of the mini truck which fell in the valley due to road sink.




That was a big relief,second time in day.Etaun was another 40 Kms from there and it was almost evening.I decided not to take much stops and try to reach the village before dark.But that didn't happened


I reached Etaun around 07 PM,it was all dark and i was unable to find the BRO camp.I saw few locals next to the road and asked them 'Where is BRO camp'
They seemed drunk and they felt bad about the way i asked them,According to them my tone was very high.So said sorry to them and requested again to guide me to the BRO.They did tell the way but gave me 20-30 mins lecture on the way of speaking to locals and all.I politely listened to them and left for the camp.
Folks at the BRO camp showed me the room,where i got settled down.Pretty soon the yummy dinner was there

It was time to crash to bed.
Cheers
Biru
I had to wait till 07:00 AM,till me and my bike got a lift in one of the ferry.Saw an under construction bridge which is expected to be completed by 2014.Not many bridges ply in the northern side of Bramhaputra in Assam,infact there is none.The only way to cross the river is via Ferry.It costed me 70 INR in all,which was okayish for a ferry ride of 20-30 mins.
Not even the small cars,but the trucks can be crossed from one side to another via ferry services.And trust me they charge minimal rate for the services they are providing,so don't bargain
As usual the 2-3 kms of the road which is used to reach Ferry points and come out to the main roads from the Ferry point was in bad shape.
I rode for around 20-30 kms and reached Arunachal Police check post,they were not letting me go ahead to Roing.As permit did not say Roing in it.I argued with them and said,I need to go to Tezu and map talks about the route via Roing.So if i have taken the permit to Tezu,Roing should be covered in it.
Slowly i told them my plan to visit Annini,they said it will not be possible..because Annini is also not mentioned in the Permit.I requested them if something can be done,they firmly replied NO,As the Annini route is bit dangerous and lonely.We cannot take that risk.After much persuasion and request they advised me to go and visit OC of the Roing police station.
Roing was another 6-9 kms from the checkpost.There were quite a few restaurants in the town.Stopped for a breakfast at one of the eating joint,they served quite good Lachha Paratha with tea.Food was lovely and satisfying i Say
I moved to the Police station to take Permission from OC.I spoke to the Senior Inspector who was in-charge,I explained him about my ride and my previous rides i had done.With all the stories(real ones) i told to him,he let me go with one clause.I need to report back to the police station while returning back.Not a big deal i said and left for Annini.
Weather was quite clear as compared to the Ziro-Daporijo-Menchuka circuit,first 30-40 kms towards Annini gave quite a beautiful view of the plains..filled with backwater.
Major challenge for this circuit was of No Fuel Stations,No Hotels for night stay and only 2-3 eating joints in entire 220 kms stretch.People advised that fuel will be available in Annini in black.So i tanked up at Roing,which has only 01 fuel station.
As i moved ahead,fog started to gather.Which wasn't a good sign
A waterfall on the road
But i must admit,the beautiful scenery i witnessed cannot be described in the words.Green mountains raising high,till the sky...filled with dense and green forest.
Another beautiful waterfall,bang on the road
The Annini route is said to be a major land sliding and land sinking area.A so called live example of which i got to see before Etaun village,where a mini truck fell into a deep valley because of road sinking.There i met the OC of BRO who was the incharge of the roads maintained/repaired and created by BRO.Fortunately he was Engineer too..and looking at my passion about travelling on motorcycle,he offered me free food and stay at BRO camp in Etaun.
Notice the big black spot in the middle of land slide..that is the base of the mini truck which fell in the valley due to road sink.
That was a big relief,second time in day.Etaun was another 40 Kms from there and it was almost evening.I decided not to take much stops and try to reach the village before dark.But that didn't happened
I reached Etaun around 07 PM,it was all dark and i was unable to find the BRO camp.I saw few locals next to the road and asked them 'Where is BRO camp'
They seemed drunk and they felt bad about the way i asked them,According to them my tone was very high.So said sorry to them and requested again to guide me to the BRO.They did tell the way but gave me 20-30 mins lecture on the way of speaking to locals and all.I politely listened to them and left for the camp.
Folks at the BRO camp showed me the room,where i got settled down.Pretty soon the yummy dinner was there

It was time to crash to bed.
Cheers
Biru
No comments:
Post a Comment