There was no point waking up early today,but bad habits dont die easily
...I woke up at around 07 AM.I had nothing to do till 10 AM,as the SDO will open at that time.Somehow i passed 01 hour and clock ticked 08:00.The wait was killing me,Suddenly i got an idea.I took few pens from a nearby store who had matching ink with the pen used in the permit document.After practicing few times to match the Handwriting,I entered Pangsau Pass in the ILP.That was a bad and illegal practice,but the situation made me to do it.I didn't knew how far i will go with this,may be end up in real trouble or put behind bars.
Sighted this dude between Jairampur to Namphong - State Animal of Arunachal Pradesh - MITHUN

I continued to the check posts of the Assam rifles one by one and successfully made it to a town called Namphong.There were atleast 6 checkposts,where i had to show my permit and rest of the papers..along with i had to get my name included in a register with Bike details.Namphong is the last town on India side,when we go towards Burma border.Beyond Namphong is the 2nd last check post.These guys stopped me and took the permit and all the documents to CO after checking all my luggage.The CO got the fishy work done by me and did not gave permission to go ahead..and asked to get SDO permission from Namphong if i can.

Since it was Saturday,there was no chance of getting hold of the SDO and get permission.With a hope i went back,Office was closed as expected.I parked by bike in the market area and started smoking to relieve the bad feeling and frustration of being so close and unable to reach till border.Just then a person came and starts talking with me about my tour and appreciates me about my passion.The guy was SDO's driver :P...He advised me to go and meet the SDO for permission and pointed me the house.I went there with a innocent face to meet Mr Hazarika (SDO).
I literally begged him to let me go,he said he cant allow me because the name 'Pangsau Pass' in the ILC is incorrectly mentioned.Damn !,I got caught :P
...I put the blame on the agent whose help i had taken to get the Permit thing done
.After lot of begging and request... he gave me permission to let go till the Border stone of Burma and India.I went back to the Assam Rifle check post,they submitted all my stuff including camera phone everything.Even the jacket,in which i was hiding my P&S :P. As the zone ahead was no photography zone.
A beautiful sight

A soldier accompanied with me on my bike till the Border Stone,because there is no proper marking on the road..when Indian border ends..though there are proper gates for entering Burma.Just when you see a board of Pangsau Pass on the right hand side,go 1/2 Km ahead and there on the left hand side is the Border Stone.Hard to spot,until you climb few steps.The fauji accompanying me turns out to be from Gwalior,MP.After much requests,he clicked some shots of me with the border stone in his mobile.Though he promised me..he will send the photographs to my mobile via MMS.I haven't received any of them yet
I was much happy,I returned back to the Namphong after collecting my stuff from the Check post.On my way from Namphong to Jairampur..I spotted a World War 2 cemetery. Did not took the photo of it,as taking photos of Cemetery is not considered as a good act.Yeah call me Orthodox

While coming back you have to enter the exit details on all the check posts where you made the entries while coming in.Last one was at Jairampur,which was the Arunachal police check post.Now the return journey starts towards Makum,where I left the NH37.Today was Assam bandh,no traffic at all on the roads.It did not took me much time to reach Makum.

From Makum,the next destination was Roing and Tezu.When i was in Miao,i made some local friends who suggested me to visit Ainni,which is accessible from Roing.Since i had plenty of days in my hand..I included it in my travel plan.Major issue was of permit,as Ainni was not included in my Permit.
I moved ahead from Makum..thinking that..we will deal with the situation as it comes.I reached a town called rupai,Rupai is the town from where we have two options to reach Tezu.One is via Roing which includes a ferry ride in between from Dholaghat.This is very short cut,saves atleast 70-80 Kms.The other road is via Namsai/Wakro..where you dont have any ferry crossing and you can easily ride/drive on the entire stretch.I decided to take the short cut while going and long cut while coming back and complete the entire circle

I reached Dhola ghat from where i had to take the ferry,but due to Assam Bandh there was no ferry available.So i came back to the last town Saikhoa and checked in a lodge for the night.
Cheers
Biru
Sighted this dude between Jairampur to Namphong - State Animal of Arunachal Pradesh - MITHUN
I continued to the check posts of the Assam rifles one by one and successfully made it to a town called Namphong.There were atleast 6 checkposts,where i had to show my permit and rest of the papers..along with i had to get my name included in a register with Bike details.Namphong is the last town on India side,when we go towards Burma border.Beyond Namphong is the 2nd last check post.These guys stopped me and took the permit and all the documents to CO after checking all my luggage.The CO got the fishy work done by me and did not gave permission to go ahead..and asked to get SDO permission from Namphong if i can.
Since it was Saturday,there was no chance of getting hold of the SDO and get permission.With a hope i went back,Office was closed as expected.I parked by bike in the market area and started smoking to relieve the bad feeling and frustration of being so close and unable to reach till border.Just then a person came and starts talking with me about my tour and appreciates me about my passion.The guy was SDO's driver :P...He advised me to go and meet the SDO for permission and pointed me the house.I went there with a innocent face to meet Mr Hazarika (SDO).
I literally begged him to let me go,he said he cant allow me because the name 'Pangsau Pass' in the ILC is incorrectly mentioned.Damn !,I got caught :P
A beautiful sight
A soldier accompanied with me on my bike till the Border Stone,because there is no proper marking on the road..when Indian border ends..though there are proper gates for entering Burma.Just when you see a board of Pangsau Pass on the right hand side,go 1/2 Km ahead and there on the left hand side is the Border Stone.Hard to spot,until you climb few steps.The fauji accompanying me turns out to be from Gwalior,MP.After much requests,he clicked some shots of me with the border stone in his mobile.Though he promised me..he will send the photographs to my mobile via MMS.I haven't received any of them yet
I was much happy,I returned back to the Namphong after collecting my stuff from the Check post.On my way from Namphong to Jairampur..I spotted a World War 2 cemetery. Did not took the photo of it,as taking photos of Cemetery is not considered as a good act.Yeah call me Orthodox
While coming back you have to enter the exit details on all the check posts where you made the entries while coming in.Last one was at Jairampur,which was the Arunachal police check post.Now the return journey starts towards Makum,where I left the NH37.Today was Assam bandh,no traffic at all on the roads.It did not took me much time to reach Makum.
From Makum,the next destination was Roing and Tezu.When i was in Miao,i made some local friends who suggested me to visit Ainni,which is accessible from Roing.Since i had plenty of days in my hand..I included it in my travel plan.Major issue was of permit,as Ainni was not included in my Permit.
I moved ahead from Makum..thinking that..we will deal with the situation as it comes.I reached a town called rupai,Rupai is the town from where we have two options to reach Tezu.One is via Roing which includes a ferry ride in between from Dholaghat.This is very short cut,saves atleast 70-80 Kms.The other road is via Namsai/Wakro..where you dont have any ferry crossing and you can easily ride/drive on the entire stretch.I decided to take the short cut while going and long cut while coming back and complete the entire circle
I reached Dhola ghat from where i had to take the ferry,but due to Assam Bandh there was no ferry available.So i came back to the last town Saikhoa and checked in a lodge for the night.
Cheers
Biru
excellent narration Biru/
ReplyDelete