Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 21 PART1 - UDR Ride - 30 July - Puh - Nako - Gue - Tabo - Kaza - Ki - Kunzum Pass - Chandrataal

View from the balcony of Dorm made my day, It was so fucking beautiful. Brown mountains surrounding the place, Clouds hanging on their own and the aggressive river flowing on the base of the mountains.



I pinched myself to get awake from the dream, only to know it was all real. Time to pack up and start my journey. I crossed Khaba those twisty, loopy and mountain roads and reached Nako. Took pit stop to have tea, as it was freaking cold and foggy out there.

A water crossing with all his gratitude wishing me Good Morning.





As far as i remember,these are called as Kazigs - Just like the Gata loops on the LEH track 







The famous Nako lake was on few kms climb from the village, view was beautiful but was not clear to take a clean shot.




After taking my time at the lake,i went to the nearby HELIPAD. Local public was allowed to roam around and have as many photo shots on the Helipad.



After leaving from Nako,I entered into the spiti valley.And the welcome message says it all.






Spiti,the word means "The Middle Land", as it falls between Tibet and India.Spiti valley is basically a desert mountain valley,where spiti rivers runs along the base of these mountains.








I was moving towards Tabo,i saw an diversion towards a placed GUE.And it striked my mind,I have heard about this place somewhere.But i wan't able to recollect.So i decided to go to the place and check it out.
I was amazed to see a black nallah running along the road,looked like the common site of Nallah's we have in Mumbai.Starnge but Truth 



A distant view of Gue village and mountains around it.



After 10-15 kms of run,I reached the monastery.Quite a small village it was,with so many eyes staring at me.I made my way to the monastery.Just when i entered the Monastery i remembered,the place is famous for the 'Preserved Mummy'



Was so happy with my decision to check out Gue,got to see the first mummy of my life.And here is the outcome of happiness,posing at the entry gate of the road leading to GUE.



TO BE CONTD !!!

Cheers
Biru

2 comments: