Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day 21 PART3 - UDR Ride - 30 July - Puh - Nako - Gue - Tabo - Kaza - Ki - Kunzum Pass - Chandrataal

And the dark clouds started surrounding me,i left Ki monastery and headed towards Kaza in a hurry.Where i am going to stay for night wasn't decided..Any place after Kaza..I reached back to Kaza and refilled the tank.By that time all the crowd was done with their refilling.The sky was clear on the side where i was heading,so without wasting time i made my move towards Kunzum Pass.



Needless to say,the scenery around was still that much beautiful that i couldn't stop myself to stop and take photo breaks.







Some Grand canyon sort of scenery 





I rode,I Rode,I rode running from those dark clouds..evening went and night came.I did not find any accommodation in between so i decided to reach Chandrataal and stay there for night..I wasn't aware of the fact that there isn't any proper road existing to Chandrataal.






You guys wont believe but its is truth that i crossed the Kunzum Pass in the night time,Here is one of the landmark in the night time before reaching chandrataal.



I moved slowly slowy with paitence covering inch by inch of the Kunzum pass,no freaking soul around to help me with the accommodation and route related help.And just when i decended from kunzum pass i saw a board pointing towards an diversion to chandrataal.The only thing i can hear in that silent night was the flow of water/Water crossing.

And when the roads ended,I was riding on the basis of my inner instincts 'When everything happens right in your life,Take a right'  .And then suddenly i noticed a ray of hope,saw some lights.So i started to follow the road leading to the lights.I had to leave the main road and take the off road or shall i say the route where it has no route.
With all hicupps i can face,i reached the place and saw some tents and a person flashing light on me.It was 11:30 PM in the clock.I was happy that i made safely,My first question to the person was "Is this place chandrataal".He said 'NO'
I was like 'WTF,where am I' ?..He said relax..chandrataal is 4-5 kms trek from here.A sigh of relief,I asked him about the tent charges..he quoted 1000.Again a shocker.I requested him that i am having only 500 Rs and started telling him my story that i have left the job and travelling on limited budget and blah blah.He was a kind man and he agreed to give a tent for 500 bucks.

I was so freaking tired that i rushed to the tent,pulled out the shoes and wet clothes and immediately crashed to bed as the trek to Chandrataal will start early in the morning tomorrow by 06 AM.

Cheers
Biru

2 comments:

  1. I have been reading your incredible stories for sometime now! The landscape pictures of Nepal and Spiti are so beautiful! I think riding the bike has so much advantage. You can stop wherever you want and enjoy the scenery, which doesn't happen with public transport. and some places I do not think there is any public transport :D

    Keep reaching unreachable places and share the experiences here!

    ReplyDelete