Tuesday, January 19, 2010

MUMBAI-TRIMBAKESHWAR-NASHIK-SAPTASHRUNGA GADH-SAPUTARA-MANDAVI-MUMBAI

Another lazy weekend was about to come, No plans cooking up in the market, Boredom getting ready to takeover.So I was just checking out the Photos in the Google map (location wise) and found plenty of beautiful pictures of the places around Mumbai. There I found Saputara and Saptashringa gadh. Peeked all the images and then made a ride plan to visit Nashik,Trimbakeshwar,Saputara and Saptashringa Gadh.

Total Km's - 870
Route
Day 1 - Mumbai - Trimbakeshwar - Nashik - Saptashringa gadh - Saputara
Day 2 - Saputara - Mandavi - Mumbai



DAY 1
Friday night was little bit busy,partying,boozing and what not. And all this resulted in a Late Saturday morning start with a little bit Hangover. It was 8:00 am morning when I started rolling. Encountered dense traffic on Western Express highway. So wasted my valuable morning hours running in the heavy traffic. Finally reached NH3 and started ripping towards Nashik.On my way met one guy riding on FZ with loud speakers(Some cast iron exhaust),he was all geared up, but he was riding like crazy.

Reached Trimbakeshwar at 11:30.
About Trimbakeshwar
Trimbakeshwar is around 30 Km's from Nashik near the mountain named Brahmagiri from which the river Godavari flows. The shrine at the temple is revered as one of the 12 Jyotirlinga shrines of Shiva.

Some info from web
Trimbakeshwar Temple is an ancient shrine, however the current structure is a result of the reconstruction efforts undertaken by the Peshwa Balaji Bajirao in mid 18th century. The temple is built of black stone in the Nagara style of architecture and is enclosed in a spacious courtyard. The sanctum internally a square and externally a stellar structure houses a small Shivalingam - Tryambaka. The sanctum is crowned with a graceful tower, embellished with a giant Amalaka and a golden kalasha. In front of the garbagriha and the antarala is a mandap with doors on all four sides. Three of these doorways are covered with porches and the openings of these porches are ornamented with pillars and arches. Curvilinear slabs rising in steps form roof of the mandapam. The entire structure is ornamented with sculptural work featuring running scrolls, floral designs, and figures of gods, yakshas, humans and animals.

After roaming around the Kunda (small water resorvior,where people take bath and then go to visit the temple) I went to the main temple where I saw very-very-very long queue. And reaching inside the temple and having Darshan would have taken another 2 hours. So disappointed me took U-turn and started moving towards Nashik.
Some pictures
KUNDA






POSER BABA

LONG QUEUE AT THE TEMPLE
GALLI
FINALLY THE MAIN TEMPLE

Reached Nashik at 12:15..Stopped for a breakfast break. After having lovely breakfast moved ahead to the Sangam.Visited nearby temples and Ram Kund
Godavari River - I was very unhappy to see it very much polluted





There is a clear instruction,that washing clothes is probhited.And will be charged if found doing so...and look at the place it is complete dhobi ghaat

I roamed for an hour and so. And it was lunch time now. Stopped in a nearby hotel and had my lunch. Quickly finished my lunch and started towards Saptashringa gadh.From NH3 you have to take Dindori road for going Saputara.The diversion is bit ahead from the city, which is very easy to miss.Saputara is around 97 Kms from Nashik.SH23 which leads to Saputara from nashik is in decent condition. On my way spotted a Dam, stopped for a while and spent some time clicking photos. It was Ozharkhed Dam.

Visiting saptashringa gadh was not in my plan, I just stopped at a diversion where the board stated Saputara around 50 Kms and Saptashringa gadh around 22Kms.I immediately made my mind to visit the place, and yes it was very good decision indeed. The scenic view around the road which leads to saptashringaa gadh was very beautiful and picturistic.
Reached Saptashringa gadh with couple of Photo breaks.
Some info from the web
The Devi is carved on a rock cliff on top of the mountain Saptashrung at an altitude of 1230 meters above sea level. The carving is eight feet tall and is carved on a single rock face. Devi a weapon held in each of her eighteen arms. Sapta-Shrungi means Seven Beauties, these are a chain of seven mountain peaks and thus the name Saptashrungi identifies with Durga Devi who resides here. In general Durga Devi likes to reside on top of the mountains therefore one of here names is Parvati (of the mountains). The temple is located at N 20° 23’ 28.6”; E 73°54’25.1”, it kind of sticks to the cliff where the Devi is carved. There is a road, which goes up to and altitude of 1150 meters, from here there is flight of 470 stairs, which goes right up to the shrine.
Some glimpse of the temple


While returning from the Saptashringa gadh

Just before Hathgadh
At Hathgadh

Reached Saputara at 6:00 PM.Now comes the worst part
After reaching Saputara first agenda was to look for accommodation and then dump all gears and check around the place. I had 350 Rs in my pocket, and it was a decent amount to get an OK OK accomodation.This was my thought and I was totally wrong. I searched many hotels for the accommodation but the minimum charge was 400...and poor thing was there wasn't any ATM's at that place. The next city where one can get the ATM machine was at 50KM.Poor me. The guides there suggested me to check the Jain Temple and Swaminarayan temple. Checked at Jain temple, they said it's for JAIN peoples only. I don't understand their funda; they should be more concerned about helping the people rather than giving excuses that they are open for help only for Jain peoples. Anyway tried my luck at the Swaminarayan temple as well, but they accept families only.
Disappointed me decided to move ahead and stay at the next available place. Started rolling in the Ghat section, at the end of Ghat stopped nearby a village for dinner at a Dhaba.Had my dinner in 53 Rs...One Dal tadka...2 Tandoori roti's and half plate rice.Super DUper cheap and very tasty food.Now while I was relaxing at the Dhaba, i called my friends to check if there is any online booking option at Saputara hotels.But no luck here as well.I just don't know, Saputara is very famous and crowded hill station, and they dont even have a single ATM machine.

Now back to the story. Now the guys sitting next to my table heard all the conversations I had with my friends for Hotel booking and they offered me to stay at their place at the nearby village. I recognized one of the guy who was a guide, I met him in the evening while I was enquiring about the places to visit, in Saputara.I happily agreed. Guy was very Kind and Genorous,his name was Vijay. He was 2 years younger than me, married and had 2 Kids,also plenty of affairs going on. I went with him at his place parked my bike, placed my stuffs safely and then Vijay, me and couple of other village peoples sat in front of a born fire type of arrangement and had a chat for around 1-2 hours. Those peoples were telling me the stories of Ghosts and the Wild Animals, don’t know were they trying to scare me or what. After the chat ended I insisted to leave for the rest of the night and take rest as I had a long day ahead. I slept in a Shelf made up of pieces of wood and it was like on the first floor, we had to climb by a ladder to reach there. Amazing experience I had.

Later in the Night the guy started telling his own story, His past. present and future. And how his wife left him couple of days before as she came to know about his affair and BLAH BLAH.

Finally I went to sleep and woe up early at 4 am. Points which can be visited in Saputara are Echo point, Sunrise and Sunset point, Rope way,Lake..Where boating is done,Jain temple, Suicide point and Swaminarayan temple

DAY 2
I started at 6 AM for the point in Spautara and covered Echo Point, Ropeway Point -- Though didn't went for the ropeway ride as I did not found it that exciting like the Raigad one and the Jain Temple.
Morning at the Village
Sunrise Point
With Vijay
And me
Those lenses are not mine..borrowed from Vijay

Jain Temple..Its close to Sunrise point
Lake
Echo Point
Do not try this at home -These stunts are performed by specialists
After quick visit to all these places I had a breakfast with Vijay. Said a Big Thank you and Good bye and started for Mandavi.Though he suggested there's nothing to visit in Mandavi,but still I moved ahead with my plan.
Just Before the good bye

On my trip plan I had marked Gira Fall which is 2-3 kms before Waghai.The turn to these falls is hard to spot.
Somepoint before between Saputara and Waghai
Gira Falls
After visiting the falls I moved ahead for Mandavi,which was another 110 Kms from Waghai.From Waghai I went to Vansda..Then to Vyara and finally Mandavi.All this with plenty of enquiring. On My way to Mandavi some people suggested to visit Waghai national park. But it was not possible for me because they don't allow visitors in bikes. Only car :P

When I reached Mandavi I enquired lots of peoples for Mandavi Palace.But nobody was able to point it out.I was very unhappy about that.In fact some peoples suggested me to visit Wardauli,nearly 30 kms from Mandavi.But I decided to return back to Mumbai rather than going Wardauli.Started moving to reach the NH8..Reached NH8 30-40 Kms ahead of Surat,somewhere nearby KIM.
Some Dam nearby VAPI
Reached home at 7 PM in the evening. Encountered some serious traffic Jams on NH8.
Crashed to bed after a wonderful 2 days Solo ride.

CHEERS
BIRU

5 comments:

  1. Kooooll buddyyy....njoyed whole story with yur beautiful snaps...keep it up,,,cheerssss.........Vaby,.,:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am intrested to join you for the Leh trip in June 2010. I own Pulsar 150 cc and have covered till Manali. but never beyond that. Wish to go to Leh.

    If intrested, mail me at: arunkumar.maulik@gmail.com

    thanks,
    Arun K Maulik

    ReplyDelete
  3. nyc one..wz plaanin to go en meme route..u were o gud help.thanx dude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guests also wear colored clothing that can be matched to room colors for an extra bonus.

    Bariloche Hostel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb wording and photographs, thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete