Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Chanshal and Chail - Weekend getaway from Delhi - DAY 2 - PART 1

Day 2 - Theog - Khadapathhar - Hatkoti - Rohru - Chanshal - Rohru - Dakpathar - Vikasnagar - Saharanpur - Muzaffarnagar - Ghaziabad

View from the balcony where i stayed 



My plan was to go Narkanda and beyond and ride as much in the same direction till afternoon and return back from the same route.When i saddled up and came out at the road,i went back to the town area to have tea,where i had dinner last night.And just when i finished my tea this board pointing towards Rohru caught my attention.I took out my phone and started looking for it in Google Maps,by the location of it..it looked bit better place..more adventurous with much more awesome views.I continued towards Rohru and my thoughts and expectation began to shatter due to the bad road conditions,but the beautiful view around was the only thing which kept me going.









I reached Khada Pathhar and stopped for breakfast..I was so upset with the road condition that i did not wanted to go till the Rohru town and return back to Ghaziabad,but then I saw these snow capped mountains



I reached Rohru and asked a traffic police guy about those snow capped mountains.
He told me that's Chanshal
I literally replies to him "Achha Chanshal idhar he".
I again asked "Kitna Kilometer he"
He replied "Nasdeeq hi he,40 km"

With the entire half day in hand i decided to climb Chanshal and do a night ride back to Ghaziabad.
It looks so tempting from here





Waterfall in between



Terrace with these stone slabs are common sight in the Snow fall zones.



It was quite bumpy road.But road to heaven begins with Hell 



TO BE CONTD

Cheers
Biru

No comments:

Post a Comment