Day 1 - Noida - Meerut - Dehradun - Mussorie - Kempty Falls - Chakrata
It was supposed to be a 8 days road trip,which got shortened initially because of Indian Railways and then got stretched because of unforeseen circumstances/unexpected bike trouble.This trip has lot of memories to share and lot of incidents to tell.
How my trip started two days late ?
How lost i was..because of the mesmerizing beauty of Uttarakhand ?
How i survived without a phone connection as Tata Docommo folks disconnected my connection ?
How i managed to tow my bike 484 kms from Munsyari to Noida and that 100 Rs note which was all left..when i reached Noida
Friday 29 March was a holiday and i had 3 Compensatory off's left in my Kitty.So i took compensatory off..on 25,26 and 27.Took sick leave on 28 and i had 9 days in my hand to be in Uttarakhand.
I reached Delhi on 23 March morning and my bike was supposed to arrive by the evening,as i had parceled it on 22 March morning.Expense break up of booking was "1600 - Indian Railway Charges + 300 - Packing + 200 Loading".But i would say,the money i paid for loading got wasted because they didn't loaded the bike on Friday as the parcel compartments of trains were mostly occupied.

My bike got loaded in Swarna Jayanti on Saturday evening,which arrived on Sunday evening.I was worried for a while on Saturday,when it didn't arrived.Luckily there were no damages,except the right hand side rear view mirror.I was thinking to start on the same day.but my friend persuaded me to start next morning as we have been beer hopping in Gurgaon.
Delay in bike transport has already costed me one day.I woke up with ease on Monday morning and when i arrived at the parking to get on with the ride,i saw few drops of oil on the floor..under the engine belly.And it was continuously pouring down,drop by drop...I checked around based on the little knowledge i posses and found out,its the pipe which contains the extra oil.I emptied the pipe and started towards Meerut.After two hicupps back to back,finally my ride started.
Roads were pretty good till Muzaffarnagar,4 lane all the way from Noida to Muzzafarnagar.Post muzzafarnagar roads got pretty bad with deep pot holes in every part of the road..bus,truck,car drivers dodging the pot holes and making difficult to judge their movements
:P.Conditions got improved 50-60 kms before Dehradun.I stopped in Dehradun for quick lunch.
Last time when i came to Dehradun from Haridwar,I skipped Mussorie for some other time.And yeah,this was the time for which it was left
.While Dehradun is spread on the plains,Mussorie is situated 30 Kms away on the hills.
Roads were good and the view from the hills was spectacular as well.




Finally i made it to Mussorie,I took another route instead of the main highway to reach Mussorie and benefit of that was,I was greeted with much better views.

I crossed the busy and narrow streets of Mussorie and reached Kempty falls.Stopped there for a well deserved break
In between i stumbled upon these beautiful landscapes.


A part of Kempty falls from a distance.

And a closer look to the hidden parts :O

Some setting was wrong with the camera or my hand was quite shaky,messed up this shot

fter a tea break i started back on the road.Now the road ahead becomes bit lonely,narrow and windy.Same old..Same old mountain roads which keeps making fool of you.Where 10 kms is spent on Climbing up..10 Kms is spent on climbing down and 1-2 kms is spent on jumping from one hill to another.But the best part is the virginal beauty you get to admire and feel.

When you come out on such lonely/less travelled roads,you get to see the real beauty of the nature..untouched..unharmed..Enriching.

As i moved ahead,I reached a junction..where the road ahead was going to Yamnotri while the other road was going to Chakrata.I took the other route and as i travelled ahead for about 5-10 kms..I got another junction.Left road was the main highway and the right one was looking bit spooky..like nobody takes that route.I waited there for a while,because i suspected i had to take the other route which might be a short one.Patience paid and two villagers in bike showed up,they confirmed that i had to take the spooky route which is around 40-50 Km short than the main highway to Chakrata.

Road condition was quite bad and i was still miles away from my destination.


There were many diversions on the route and many times i had to wait for somebody to come and help me with the correct route.And that costed me lot of time,Sun started to settle down.

I still had some 25-30 kms to cover and Mr Sun finally settled in west.

Last 30 kms were ridden in the night time.And i reached Chakrata around 7:30.
Short break before Chakrata

Went to Sadar area and started hunting for accommodation.A local fella from Deoban helped me to find a cheap guest house.I paid 300 for 4 beds,as that was the only room which was available for the night

Cheers
Biru
It was supposed to be a 8 days road trip,which got shortened initially because of Indian Railways and then got stretched because of unforeseen circumstances/unexpected bike trouble.This trip has lot of memories to share and lot of incidents to tell.
How my trip started two days late ?
How lost i was..because of the mesmerizing beauty of Uttarakhand ?
How i survived without a phone connection as Tata Docommo folks disconnected my connection ?
How i managed to tow my bike 484 kms from Munsyari to Noida and that 100 Rs note which was all left..when i reached Noida

Friday 29 March was a holiday and i had 3 Compensatory off's left in my Kitty.So i took compensatory off..on 25,26 and 27.Took sick leave on 28 and i had 9 days in my hand to be in Uttarakhand.
I reached Delhi on 23 March morning and my bike was supposed to arrive by the evening,as i had parceled it on 22 March morning.Expense break up of booking was "1600 - Indian Railway Charges + 300 - Packing + 200 Loading".But i would say,the money i paid for loading got wasted because they didn't loaded the bike on Friday as the parcel compartments of trains were mostly occupied.
My bike got loaded in Swarna Jayanti on Saturday evening,which arrived on Sunday evening.I was worried for a while on Saturday,when it didn't arrived.Luckily there were no damages,except the right hand side rear view mirror.I was thinking to start on the same day.but my friend persuaded me to start next morning as we have been beer hopping in Gurgaon.
Delay in bike transport has already costed me one day.I woke up with ease on Monday morning and when i arrived at the parking to get on with the ride,i saw few drops of oil on the floor..under the engine belly.And it was continuously pouring down,drop by drop...I checked around based on the little knowledge i posses and found out,its the pipe which contains the extra oil.I emptied the pipe and started towards Meerut.After two hicupps back to back,finally my ride started.

Roads were pretty good till Muzaffarnagar,4 lane all the way from Noida to Muzzafarnagar.Post muzzafarnagar roads got pretty bad with deep pot holes in every part of the road..bus,truck,car drivers dodging the pot holes and making difficult to judge their movements
:P.Conditions got improved 50-60 kms before Dehradun.I stopped in Dehradun for quick lunch.Last time when i came to Dehradun from Haridwar,I skipped Mussorie for some other time.And yeah,this was the time for which it was left
.While Dehradun is spread on the plains,Mussorie is situated 30 Kms away on the hills.Roads were good and the view from the hills was spectacular as well.
Finally i made it to Mussorie,I took another route instead of the main highway to reach Mussorie and benefit of that was,I was greeted with much better views.
I crossed the busy and narrow streets of Mussorie and reached Kempty falls.Stopped there for a well deserved break

In between i stumbled upon these beautiful landscapes.
A part of Kempty falls from a distance.
And a closer look to the hidden parts :O
Some setting was wrong with the camera or my hand was quite shaky,messed up this shot

fter a tea break i started back on the road.Now the road ahead becomes bit lonely,narrow and windy.Same old..Same old mountain roads which keeps making fool of you.Where 10 kms is spent on Climbing up..10 Kms is spent on climbing down and 1-2 kms is spent on jumping from one hill to another.But the best part is the virginal beauty you get to admire and feel.
When you come out on such lonely/less travelled roads,you get to see the real beauty of the nature..untouched..unharmed..Enriching.
As i moved ahead,I reached a junction..where the road ahead was going to Yamnotri while the other road was going to Chakrata.I took the other route and as i travelled ahead for about 5-10 kms..I got another junction.Left road was the main highway and the right one was looking bit spooky..like nobody takes that route.I waited there for a while,because i suspected i had to take the other route which might be a short one.Patience paid and two villagers in bike showed up,they confirmed that i had to take the spooky route which is around 40-50 Km short than the main highway to Chakrata.
Road condition was quite bad and i was still miles away from my destination.
There were many diversions on the route and many times i had to wait for somebody to come and help me with the correct route.And that costed me lot of time,Sun started to settle down.
I still had some 25-30 kms to cover and Mr Sun finally settled in west.
Last 30 kms were ridden in the night time.And i reached Chakrata around 7:30.
Short break before Chakrata
Went to Sadar area and started hunting for accommodation.A local fella from Deoban helped me to find a cheap guest house.I paid 300 for 4 beds,as that was the only room which was available for the night

Cheers
Biru
Very beautiful mountain scenery!
ReplyDelete