Day 1 - Melbourne - Marysville - Lake Mountains - Woods Point - Mansfield - Yea
The original plan was to cover Alpine National park,but i ended up doing this unfinished Black Spur stretch.And then it became a whole new plan with 50-60 Kms of an unexpected offroading adventure.
Map for Day 1

The stretch from Melbourne to Healesville is a boring one..but a fast one.Many of you will be wondering,What the hell is 'Black Spur'.It's a beautiful stretch of 60 Kms between Healesville and Marysville.A beautiful highway passing by from the dense forest,not so wide,but contains plenty of corners and a delight for racing/cornering enthusiasts.The road, originally known as "The Blacks' Spur", gained its name from the route taken by displaced Aboriginal people from northern Victoria.
I so wanted to stop in between and click a photo,but the road was quite busy..due to the weekend.Spotted lots and lots of like minded souls
.I took an exit from the highway towards Marysville to visit Lake Mountains.The place looked completely deserted,i parked my bike and went for a 04 km trek.I recently acquired polarizing filter and i wanted to do some test shots on it.Which eventually screwed the photos i took on this trek.

Place around looked all dried up,it usually gets its crowd in times of Winter.When there is ice, all over the mountains.

I ended up my quest and moved ahead towards an unknown road.I remember this road from the Google maps going through the national park area and leading upto the other side.But i didn't knew its a gravel road.In a matter of few kms the tarmac transformed into the dusty gravel road.Initially i thought it would be there for few kms.But after travelling around 20 Kms..I lost hope.
Cora Lynn Falls,Somewhere around Camberville


For first few Kms i enjoyed the gravel road thoroughly,as i was doing offroading after a long time.But later on i panicked as the fuel started to hit the low sign.Panicked again after getting the thoughts of being lost and getting into any trouble.But then,this wasn't the first time

I reached a small town named Woods point...saw few living souls on their 4X4 cages..So,I wasn't the only one who was having nightmares of getting lost.Bit ahead of Woods point saw this beautiful scenery of cascaded mountains.

For next 30-40 kms saw lots of people..lots of caravans...camping next to the Road..In middle of the jungle.I seriously admire these peoples,the way they enjoy the places.The way they go to one place and spend days,weeks and months at one place.And if i look at myself..i love to be on the road all times..Moving..not being stationary.Well i think,its all about the way you enjoy.

Spotted a gold mine enroute,was eager to see whats going inside..But it was a restricted area.

I got so busy admiring the beauty around that i almost forgot,I am running out of fuel.Well..being worried wasn't going to help either.
Around 06 PM i reached back to the civilization and got to see some tarmac at last.Tanked up my bike and moved towards Mansfield,which was the next big town.
Few random shots


Mansfield is gateway to Mt Buller.Which another popular weekend spot.Unfortunately i didn't get any accommodation and the places where i got accommodation...were out of my budget. Next town was Yea,which was 80 kms away.Without wasting time,i jumped on the saddle and accelerated towards Yea.

It was quite a fast run to Yea,maintaining 110 Km/hr all the way.Got a Pub accommodation for 50 $.Was bit tired,had two jugs of beer and slept for the day.
Cheers
Biru
The original plan was to cover Alpine National park,but i ended up doing this unfinished Black Spur stretch.And then it became a whole new plan with 50-60 Kms of an unexpected offroading adventure.
Map for Day 1
The stretch from Melbourne to Healesville is a boring one..but a fast one.Many of you will be wondering,What the hell is 'Black Spur'.It's a beautiful stretch of 60 Kms between Healesville and Marysville.A beautiful highway passing by from the dense forest,not so wide,but contains plenty of corners and a delight for racing/cornering enthusiasts.The road, originally known as "The Blacks' Spur", gained its name from the route taken by displaced Aboriginal people from northern Victoria.
I so wanted to stop in between and click a photo,but the road was quite busy..due to the weekend.Spotted lots and lots of like minded souls
.I took an exit from the highway towards Marysville to visit Lake Mountains.The place looked completely deserted,i parked my bike and went for a 04 km trek.I recently acquired polarizing filter and i wanted to do some test shots on it.Which eventually screwed the photos i took on this trek.Place around looked all dried up,it usually gets its crowd in times of Winter.When there is ice, all over the mountains.
I ended up my quest and moved ahead towards an unknown road.I remember this road from the Google maps going through the national park area and leading upto the other side.But i didn't knew its a gravel road.In a matter of few kms the tarmac transformed into the dusty gravel road.Initially i thought it would be there for few kms.But after travelling around 20 Kms..I lost hope.
Cora Lynn Falls,Somewhere around Camberville
For first few Kms i enjoyed the gravel road thoroughly,as i was doing offroading after a long time.But later on i panicked as the fuel started to hit the low sign.Panicked again after getting the thoughts of being lost and getting into any trouble.But then,this wasn't the first time
I reached a small town named Woods point...saw few living souls on their 4X4 cages..So,I wasn't the only one who was having nightmares of getting lost.Bit ahead of Woods point saw this beautiful scenery of cascaded mountains.
For next 30-40 kms saw lots of people..lots of caravans...camping next to the Road..In middle of the jungle.I seriously admire these peoples,the way they enjoy the places.The way they go to one place and spend days,weeks and months at one place.And if i look at myself..i love to be on the road all times..Moving..not being stationary.Well i think,its all about the way you enjoy.
Spotted a gold mine enroute,was eager to see whats going inside..But it was a restricted area.
I got so busy admiring the beauty around that i almost forgot,I am running out of fuel.Well..being worried wasn't going to help either.
Around 06 PM i reached back to the civilization and got to see some tarmac at last.Tanked up my bike and moved towards Mansfield,which was the next big town.
Few random shots
Mansfield is gateway to Mt Buller.Which another popular weekend spot.Unfortunately i didn't get any accommodation and the places where i got accommodation...were out of my budget. Next town was Yea,which was 80 kms away.Without wasting time,i jumped on the saddle and accelerated towards Yea.
It was quite a fast run to Yea,maintaining 110 Km/hr all the way.Got a Pub accommodation for 50 $.Was bit tired,had two jugs of beer and slept for the day.
Cheers
Biru
No comments:
Post a Comment