Wednesday, July 7, 2010

DAY 2 - June 5,2010 - DELHI

DELHI

5th June 2010,Morning started with the continuation of last day's royal treatment. Reached Delhi at 11:00 AM. In between received call from Amit Tyagi Ji ;) "that where are we ",updated about our position..

Amit and bhabhi ji came H-Nizamuddin station to pick us. And we went to Amit's place for the rest of the day, as our bike were supposed to come by 6 PM by Golden Temple Exp.

Had all refreshing activities followed by home made Aalo ke Parathes and Red Curry Chicken. Aalo ke parathe were so tasty, that I literally snatched the parathas from Shadow's hand, while he was trying to eat some.



Thanks a lot Amit ji for warm welcome and your hospitality. I talked for first time, met for first time with Amit..But never felt like we are meeting or talking first time..That's the effect of the common brotherhood named BCMTouring.

Later on we had long chat on the trek's Amit has done and his career so far. And for these kind of people we just use one word "BOND AADMI" :D

Met few more fellow BCMT'IANS Manik, Eric,Deepan & Salil





Finally time came to say adieu to everyone.
Amit dropped us at a near by rickshaw stand and gave us a hearty All The Best for the ride.
In a matter of minutes we reached H-Nizamuddin station,i asked shadow to stay with the luggage and I go enquire about the train and procedure to claim the bikes. It was 6:05 Pm,train was yet to come. It was expected at 6:40.

So the moment came and I saw our bikes getting unloaded from the parcel van, I knocked and checked the bikes at few visible places for possible damages. It sounded ok,a big sigh of relief.

But it doesn't ends here, when I went to the parcel office I came to know that "if a bike is booked as a parcel, then it needs to be claimed between office hours 9-5...Now if booked with luggage then you can claim it anytime"

So more wait to lay hands on our baby bikes.
We checked in a nearby hotel, and paid 800 INR for the AC room. Had few canes of beer and slept in peace.

Shadow in his tharki Avatar :D :D





Meeee.. ;)




Cheers
Biru

1 comment:

  1. Luckily you guys had a good exp with the trains and bikes. We did not... really it was frustating. Waiting to read the next one!

    ReplyDelete